ANN: Cache plugins

burtbeckwith
We've released initial versions of the cache plugins, which use the new Spring 3.1 cache abstraction API. There are currently three plugins, the "core" plugin which provides an in-memory cache implementation, and two extension plugins that depend on the core plugin and provide cache implementations backed by Redis and Ehcache. We're also working on a plugin that uses Gemfire as the backing store. The plugins require a minimum of Grails 2.0 and the Redis plugin requires Java 6 (due to requirements of the Spring-Redis libraries used)

The cache plugin page is at http://grails.org/plugin/cache and the full docs are at http://grails-plugins.github.com/grails-cache/ - report issues in JIRA at http://jira.grails.org/browse/GPCACHE

The cache-redis plugin page is at http://grails.org/plugin/cache-redis and the full docs are at http://grails-plugins.github.com/grails-cache-redis/ - report issues in JIRA at http://jira.grails.org/browse/GPCACHEREDIS

The cache-ehcache plugin page is at http://grails.org/plugin/cache-ehcache and the full docs are at http://grails-plugins.github.com/grails-cache-ehcache/ - report issues in JIRA at http://jira.grails.org/browse/GPCACHE

All three plugins are at version 1.0.0.M2, so they should be considered beta plugins. They are fairly stable though, so please try them out and report issues and suggestions in JIRA or on the mailing list.

Re: ANN: Cache plugins

Robert Fletcher-2
Congrats guys. I guess this means I can retire the Springcache plugin!

Re: ANN: Cache plugins

smaldini
Thanks Robert, your plugin well deserved its purpose btw ! Welcome to the new Cache plugin !

On Fri, May 18, 2012 at 9:56 AM, Robert Fletcher <[hidden email]> wrote:
Congrats guys. I guess this means I can retire the Springcache plugin!

Stéphane MALDINI

Re: ANN: Cache plugins

mcameron
Awesome. Is there currently anything on the roadmap to implement the
semantics of the Springcache plugin's doWithCache. I know it would not
be hard to recreate by getting the underlying cache and creating our
own wrapper, but it would be provide an easy upgrade path for those of
us using springcache. If you are open to it, I could create a pull
request on the github repository.

Michael

On Fri, May 18, 2012 at 3:41 AM, Stephane Maldini
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Thanks Robert, your plugin well deserved its purpose btw ! Welcome to the
> new Cache plugin !
>

> On Fri, May 18, 2012 at 9:56 AM, Robert Fletcher
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Congrats guys. I guess this means I can retire the Springcache plugin!

> Stéphane MALDINI

Re: ANN: Cache plugins

Jeff Scott Brown
Pull requests are welcomed and appreciated. :)

Thanks for the help.

JB

Sent from my iPhone

On May 18, 2012, at 3:40 PM, Michael Cameron <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Awesome. Is there currently anything on the roadmap to implement the
> semantics of the Springcache plugin's doWithCache. I know it would not
> be hard to recreate by getting the underlying cache and creating our
> own wrapper, but it would be provide an easy upgrade path for those of
> us using springcache. If you are open to it, I could create a pull
> request on the github repository.
>
> Michael
>
> On Fri, May 18, 2012 at 3:41 AM, Stephane Maldini
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Thanks Robert, your plugin well deserved its purpose btw ! Welcome to the
>> new Cache plugin !
>>

>> On Fri, May 18, 2012 at 9:56 AM, Robert Fletcher
>> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Congrats guys. I guess this means I can retire the Springcache plugin!

>> --
>> Stéphane MALDINI

Re: ANN: Cache plugins

Sebastien Blanc
Hi !
Great work , I have a lot of fun using the cache-redis plugin locally
but when trying to deploy it to cloud foundry, I have a connection not
found exception. Seems that coud foundry cannot extract et replace the
connection instance. An clue on how I can resolve this ?
Seb

On Sat, May 19, 2012 at 3:32 AM, Jeff Brown <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Pull requests are welcomed and appreciated. :)
>
> Thanks for the help.
>

> JB
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> On May 18, 2012, at 3:40 PM, Michael Cameron <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Awesome. Is there currently anything on the roadmap to implement the
>> semantics of the Springcache plugin's doWithCache. I know it would not
>> be hard to recreate by getting the underlying cache and creating our
>> own wrapper, but it would be provide an easy upgrade path for those of
>> us using springcache. If you are open to it, I could create a pull
>> request on the github repository.
>>
>> Michael
>>
>> On Fri, May 18, 2012 at 3:41 AM, Stephane Maldini
>> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> Thanks Robert, your plugin well deserved its purpose btw ! Welcome to the
>>> new Cache plugin !

>>> --
>>> Stéphane MALDINI

Re: ANN: Cache plugins

Sebastien Blanc
Okay,
Answering to myself :
I found a workaround, the cloud-support plugin has to be updated to
support the cache-redis plugin (inside the method fixRedis in
AbstractCloudBeanPostprocessor, it doesn't use the redisPool) , I will
provide a pull request as soon as possible.
The cloud-foundry has also te be updated to support the bounding of
the redis service when the cache-redis plugin is present (I will
propose a pull request as well).
Seb

On Sat, May 19, 2012 at 6:50 PM, Sebastien Blanc <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi !
> Great work , I have a lot of fun using the cache-redis plugin locally
> but when trying to deploy it to cloud foundry, I have a connection not
> found exception. Seems that coud foundry cannot extract et replace the
> connection instance. An clue on how I can resolve this ?
> Seb
>

> On Sat, May 19, 2012 at 3:32 AM, Jeff Brown <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Pull requests are welcomed and appreciated. :)
>>
>> Thanks for the help.
>>

>> JB
>>
>> Sent from my iPhone
>>
>> On May 18, 2012, at 3:40 PM, Michael Cameron <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> Awesome. Is there currently anything on the roadmap to implement the
>>> semantics of the Springcache plugin's doWithCache. I know it would not
>>> be hard to recreate by getting the underlying cache and creating our
>>> own wrapper, but it would be provide an easy upgrade path for those of
>>> us using springcache. If you are open to it, I could create a pull
>>> request on the github repository.
>>>
>>> Michael

Re: ANN: Cache plugins

gabu
There is no documentation related how to configure redis, like hostname, port etc. I configured it using spring bean but with no luck. It is always going to localhost and default port.
<bean id="jedisConnectionFactory" class="org.springframework.data.redis.connection.jedis.JedisConnectionFactory"
        p:hostName="172.17.38.126" p:port="6379" p:usePool="false"/>

Can you please provide some documentation that how to configure redis.

Re: ANN: Cache plugins

gabu
How redis master slave configuration will work with this plugin