ANN: Email Confirmation Plugin 2.0.7 with e-book guide

ANN: Email Confirmation Plugin 2.0.7 with e-book guide

Marc Palmer Local
Hi,

I’m pleased to announce the release of the Email Confirmation Plugin version 2.0.7.

This release fixes a series of important issues, giving much better confirmation token uniqueness and event handling.

Important possibly breaking changes:

* The default eventNamespace is ‘plugin.emailConfirmation’ and no longer ‘app’
* The confirmationToken column in the database is now defined with a unique constraint. You may need to write a migration.

It also now comes with reference groovydocs and a cheap pay-for guide e-book.

I spent some time writing some high quality in-depth guide documentation that I hope you will find worth paying for if you need the guide or just want to show your appreciation for the plugin.

https://leanpub.com/grails-email-confirmation

It's ready to buy and read now ("Lean Publishing" dictates I should have published it earlier but...), but there one chapter outstanding and some code and link reformatting to do before I consider it 100% done.

Thanks

~ ~ ~
Marc Palmer
Freelancer (Grails/Groovy/Java/UX)

Grails Plugins: http://grailsrocks.com
Blog: http://www.anyware.co.uk | Resumé: http://www.anyware.co.uk/marc
Contributor @ http://grails.org | Founder @ http://noticelocal.com
Developer @ http://weceem.org | Member @ http://spottymushroom.com
Twitter: http://twitter.com/wangjammer5

Re: ANN: Email Confirmation Plugin 2.0.7 with e-book guide

Kimble
Cool! Free plugin with basic (or even no) documentation in combination with affordable, high quality documentation sounds like a very fair and good concept to me. I really hope you get some money in return for your invested time and effort! It's a shame that it's so difficult to monetize open source work..

I would be very interested in hearing how this works out if you're willing to share!

Best of luck!
 - Kim A. Betti
Have a nice day!

On 15 Jan 2013, at 19:00, Kimble <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Cool! Free plugin with basic (or even no) documentation in combination with
> affordable, high quality documentation sounds like a very fair and good
> concept to me. I really hope you get some money in return for your invested
> time and effort! It's a shame that it's so difficult to monetize open source
> work..
>
> I would be very interested in hearing how this works out if you're willing
> to share!
>
> Best of luck!

Thanks Kim.

It turns out I forgot to add to the free ref docs precise instructions on how to listen for the events, which I will fix today.

This model will be interesting. I'm not at all convinced there is enough of a market for this kind of thing to actually cover the time to write the docs let alone development but this is part of the journey to finding out.

Thanks again.