[ANN] Geb 0.6.0 released.

ld@ldaley.com
Hi everyone,

I'm pleased to announce that Geb 0.6.0 has been released and is now available from Maven Central (and the Grails plugin is available from the Grails plugin repository)

With this release we are launching the new Geb project site » http://www.gebish.org

-- Highlights of the 0.6.0 release:

* New environment sensitive configuration mechanism (useful for setting up cross browser tests, among other configuration)
* New support for managing build related configuration (e.g. application url, report locations)
* Improved support for async operations with improved waitFor() and implicitly waiting content, and configurable waiting timeouts and named presets
* Direct Download API for making direct connections into the application with all cookies from the browser (useful for examining binary content such as PDFs)
* Support for snapshotting the browser state (HTML dump and PNG screenshot) at arbitrary times
* Select options and radio buttons are now selectable by their text or value
* Improved jQuery integration (jQuery method return values are now respected)
* Shortcuts for querying the size and location of elements
* Compatibility with the latest Selenium 2 (i.e. WebDriver) releases
* TestNG adapter (contributed by Alexander Zolotov)

This release also includes many bug fixes and documentation improvements (manual available @ http://www.gebish.org/manual/current)

The full issue log for this release can be seen @ http://jira.codehaus.org/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12101&version=16999

GRAILS SPECIFIC UPGRADE NOTE:

This release contains breaking changes for Grails users due to changes in the way dependencies are packaged. This was done to reduce the dependencies that Geb introduces to the bare minimum.  Upon installing the plugin and running your tests you will be instructed on what you need to do to transition to the new version.

Thanks to all who contributed towards the release, particularly Robert Fletcher and Alexander Zolotov.

Re: [ANN] Geb 0.6.0 released.

gauravchauhan
Thanks for the update Luke. Geb is one of the next thing that i am going to try along with spock.

Regards
Gaurav Chauhan

On Tue, Jun 28, 2011 at 12:52 PM, Luke Daley <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

houbie
Nice new features!

I tried upgrading, but got 'ERROR: No Geb testing adapters are installed'
I tried to add a test dependency on "org.codehaus.geb:geb-junit:0.6.0" but this dependency doesn't resolve.

What am I missing?

Grtz,
Ivo

On 28/06/2011, at 7:32 PM, Ivo Houbrechts wrote:

> Nice new features!
>
> I tried upgrading, but got 'ERROR: No Geb testing adapters are installed'
> I tried to add a test dependency on "org.codehaus.geb:geb-junit:0.6.0" but this dependency doesn't resolve.

Oops, it's a typo in the error message. The proper dependency is: org.codehaus.geb:geb-junit4:0.6.0

Re: [ANN] Geb 0.6.0 released.

Daniel Henrique Alves Lima
    Hi Luke.

    Stupid question: Are http://www.gebish.org and
http://xircles.codehaus.org/projects/geb the same tool, right? Because
there is no link between the sites and googling around ('groovy geb',
for example) I could only find http://xircles.codehaus.org/projects/geb.

   Best regards,

       Daniel.

Luke Daley wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> I'm pleased to announce that Geb 0.6.0 has been released and is now available from Maven Central (and the Grails plugin is available from the Grails plugin repository)
>
> With this release we are launching the new Geb project site » http://www.gebish.org
>
> -- Highlights of the 0.6.0 release:
>
> * New environment sensitive configuration mechanism (useful for setting up cross browser tests, among other configuration)
> * New support for managing build related configuration (e.g. application url, report locations)
> * Improved support for async operations with improved waitFor() and implicitly waiting content, and configurable waiting timeouts and named presets
> * Direct Download API for making direct connections into the application with all cookies from the browser (useful for examining binary content such as PDFs)
> * Support for snapshotting the browser state (HTML dump and PNG screenshot) at arbitrary times
> * Select options and radio buttons are now selectable by their text or value
> * Improved jQuery integration (jQuery method return values are now respected)
> * Shortcuts for querying the size and location of elements
> * Compatibility with the latest Selenium 2 (i.e. WebDriver) releases
> * TestNG adapter (contributed by Alexander Zolotov)
>
> This release also includes many bug fixes and documentation improvements (manual available @ http://www.gebish.org/manual/current)
>
> The full issue log for this release can be seen @ http://jira.codehaus.org/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12101&version=16999
>

> GRAILS SPECIFIC UPGRADE NOTE:
>
> This release contains breaking changes for Grails users due to changes in the way dependencies are packaged. This was done to reduce the dependencies that Geb introduces to the bare minimum.  Upon installing the plugin and running your tests you will be instructed on what you need to do to transition to the new version.
>

> Thanks to all who contributed towards the release, particularly Robert Fletcher and Alexander Zolotov.

Re: [ANN] Geb 0.6.0 released.

ld@ldaley.com
Yes they are. I've updated the Xircles info.