ANN: Grails 1.3.7 Released

Jeff Brown-4
Hi all,

Grails 1.3.7 which contains bug fixes and small improvements is now available to download at the usual place: http://grails.org/Download

Release notes can be found at: http://grails.org/1.3.7+Release+Notes

Thanks to everyone who contributed and helped test the release.

All the best!

Jeff
--
Jeff Brown
[hidden email]<mailto:[hidden email]>

Autism Strikes 1 in 166
Find The Cause ~ Find The Cure
http://www.autismspeaks.org/

Re: ANN: Grails 1.3.7 Released

zyro
thanks to the involved devs for all your efforts

Re: ANN: Grails 1.3.7 Released

zyro
thanks to the involved devs for all your efforts

Re: ANN: Grails 1.3.7 Released

zyro
thanks to the involved devs for all your efforts

Re: ANN: Grails 1.3.7 Released

yiguang hu
Thanks! I will try if remoteFunction is working again.

On Wed, Feb 16, 2011 at 12:31 PM, zyro <[hidden email]> wrote:

> thanks to the involved devs for all your efforts

Re: ANN: Grails 1.3.7 Released

Jonathan Stott-5
Having just upgraded to Grails 1.3.5 for one of our apps (the rest are still with 1.3.4) how long are we likely to have until we see Grails 1.4?

Thankfully now that Grails is a lot more stable, we are only upgrading if we have a specific need to (we had to upgrade to 1.3.5 for the fix for multiple form tokens on a single page).

Jonathan

On 16 February 2011 17:19, Jeff Brown <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi all,

Grails 1.3.7 which contains bug fixes and small improvements is now available to download at the usual place: http://grails.org/Download

Release notes can be found at: http://grails.org/1.3.7+Release+Notes

Thanks to everyone who contributed and helped test the release.

All the best!

Jeff
--
Jeff Brown
[hidden email]<mailto:[hidden email]>
SpringSource - A Division Of VMware
http://www.springsource.com/

Autism Strikes 1 in 166
Find The Cause ~ Find The Cure
http://www.autismspeaks.org/

Re: ANN: Grails 1.3.7 Released

donghyunee

Can you update grails maven plugin as well?

Re: ANN: Grails 1.3.7 Released

xmly
import org.codehaus.groovy.grails.plugins.springsecurity.acl.AclClass

Does not work with spring acl plugin.   Can not resolve the above class in the import.

Is that my problem?  I created a fresh project with spring core and acl then run the script to create acl domains.  All the classes are in the package, but it does not work..

Best,
gavin

On Wed, Feb 16, 2011 at 12:19 PM, Jeff Brown <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi all,

Grails 1.3.7 which contains bug fixes and small improvements is now available to download at the usual place: http://grails.org/Download

Release notes can be found at: http://grails.org/1.3.7+Release+Notes

Thanks to everyone who contributed and helped test the release.

All the best!

Jeff
--
Jeff Brown
[hidden email]<mailto:[hidden email]>
SpringSource - A Division Of VMware
http://www.springsource.com/

Autism Strikes 1 in 166
Find The Cause ~ Find The Cure
http://www.autismspeaks.org/

Re: ANN: Grails 1.3.7 Released

burtbeckwith
Please create a JIRA for this at http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/GRAILS - I think this is a Grails issue, not a plugin issue. The plugin is referencing application classes (the generated ACL domain classes) and failing since the plugin classes are compiled first.

Burt

> import org.codehaus.groovy.grails.plugins.springsecurity.acl.AclClass
>
> Does not work with spring acl plugin.   Can not resolve the above class in
> the import.
>
> Is that my problem?  I created a fresh project with spring core and acl then
> run the script to create acl domains.  All the classes are in the package,
> but it does not work..
>
> Best,
> gavin
>
> On Wed, Feb 16, 2011 at 12:19 PM, Jeff Brown <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Hi all,
> >
> > Grails 1.3.7 which contains bug fixes and small improvements is now
> > available to download at the usual place: http://grails.org/Download
> >
> > Release notes can be found at: http://grails.org/1.3.7+Release+Notes
> >
> > Thanks to everyone who contributed and helped test the release.
> >
> > All the best!
> >

> > Jeff
> > --
> > Jeff Brown
> > [hidden email]<mailto:[hidden email]>
> > SpringSource - A Division Of VMware
> > http://www.springsource.com/
> >
> > Autism Strikes 1 in 166
> > Find The Cause ~ Find The Cure
> > http://www.autismspeaks.org/

> >    http://xircles.codehaus.org/manage_email

Re: ANN: Grails 1.3.7 Released

Graeme Rocher
Administrator
On Wed, Feb 16, 2011 at 11:13 PM, Burt Beckwith <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Please create a JIRA for this at http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/GRAILS - I think this is a Grails issue, not a plugin issue. The plugin is referencing application classes (the generated ACL domain classes) and failing since the plugin classes are compiled first.

This is by design and has been this way a while now (ie is not new in 1.3.7)

The reason plugin classes are compiled first is so that application
classes can be overridden by the plugin

a plugin shouldn't be directly referencing application classes

Cheers

> Burt
>
>> import org.codehaus.groovy.grails.plugins.springsecurity.acl.AclClass
>>
>> Does not work with spring acl plugin.   Can not resolve the above class in
>> the import.
>>
>> Is that my problem?  I created a fresh project with spring core and acl then
>> run the script to create acl domains.  All the classes are in the package,
>> but it does not work..
>>
>> Best,
>> gavin
>>
>> On Wed, Feb 16, 2011 at 12:19 PM, Jeff Brown <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> > Hi all,
>> >
>> > Grails 1.3.7 which contains bug fixes and small improvements is now
>> > available to download at the usual place: http://grails.org/Download
>> >
>> > Release notes can be found at: http://grails.org/1.3.7+Release+Notes
>> >
>> > Thanks to everyone who contributed and helped test the release.
>> >
>> > All the best!
>> >

>> > Jeff
>> > --
>> > Jeff Brown
>> > [hidden email]<mailto:[hidden email]>
>> > SpringSource - A Division Of VMware
>> > http://www.springsource.com/
>> >
>> > Autism Strikes 1 in 166
>> > Find The Cause ~ Find The Cure
>> > http://www.autismspeaks.org/

>> >    http://xircles.codehaus.org/manage_email

http://www.springsource.com

Re: ANN: Grails 1.3.7 Released

Graeme Rocher
Administrator
On Wed, Feb 16, 2011 at 11:26 PM, Graeme Rocher <[hidden email]> wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 16, 2011 at 11:13 PM, Burt Beckwith <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Please create a JIRA for this at http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/GRAILS - I think this is a Grails issue, not a plugin issue. The plugin is referencing application classes (the generated ACL domain classes) and failing since the plugin classes are compiled first.
>
> This is by design and has been this way a while now (ie is not new in 1.3.7)
>
> The reason plugin classes are compiled first is so that application
> classes can be overridden by the plugin

Sorry that should be plugin classes can be overridden by the application

Cheers

> a plugin shouldn't be directly referencing application classes
>
> Cheers
>

>> Burt
>>
>>> import org.codehaus.groovy.grails.plugins.springsecurity.acl.AclClass
>>>
>>> Does not work with spring acl plugin.   Can not resolve the above class in
>>> the import.
>>>
>>> Is that my problem?  I created a fresh project with spring core and acl then
>>> run the script to create acl domains.  All the classes are in the package,
>>> but it does not work..
>>>
>>> Best,
>>> gavin

> Graeme Rocher
> Grails Project Lead
> SpringSource - A Division of VMware
> http://www.springsource.com

http://www.springsource.com

Re: ANN: Grails 1.3.7 Released

burtbeckwith
Actually, don't bother with the JIRA - I'll release an updated ACL plugin soon.

Burt

> Please create a JIRA for this at http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/GRAILS - I think this is a Grails issue, not a plugin issue. The plugin is referencing application classes (the generated ACL domain classes) and failing since the plugin classes are compiled first.
>
> Burt

Re: ANN: Grails 1.3.7 Released

yiguang hu
AJAX(remoreFunction) does work fine now in 1.3.7.

On Wed, Feb 16, 2011 at 5:49 PM, Burt Beckwith <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Actually, don't bother with the JIRA - I'll release an updated ACL plugin soon.
>
> Burt
>
>> Please create a JIRA for this at http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/GRAILS - I think this is a Grails issue, not a plugin issue. The plugin is referencing application classes (the generated ACL domain classes) and failing since the plugin classes are compiled first.
>>
>> Burt

Re: ANN: Grails 1.3.7 Released

b.collotte
Hey Burt,

Thanks for working on the ACL plugin. What about it ? Is it released ?

Because I work with that with my project (in fact I've updated my project to grails 1.3.7 with STS 2.6.0 M2 in order to fix the export plugin bug.)
This is working, but now with the ACL plugin I got multiple and incoherent errors line like:

Groovy:The return type of String toString() in org.codehaus.groovy.grails.plugins.springsecurity.acl.AclClass is incompatible with java.lang.String toString() in
 java.lang.Object

In the file BuildConfig.groovy.

I thought it could be helpful for you to see that... I'm really stuck for now as I can't use my project without the export plugin and without the ACL plugin.

Please keep me informed on how is it actually going with the new ACL release.
Many thanks.

Berenger

[...]

burtbeckwith wrote
Actually, don't bother with the JIRA - I'll release an updated ACL plugin soon.

Burt

> Please create a JIRA for this at http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/GRAILS - I think this is a Grails issue, not a plugin issue. The plugin is referencing application classes (the generated ACL domain classes) and failing since the plugin classes are compiled first.
>
> Burt

Re: ANN: Grails 1.3.7 Released

burtbeckwith
Yes, the latest version is 1.1. Is the error you're seeing just in STS or from the commandline too? If it's just STS you might need to run Grails Tools | Refresh Dependencies.

Burt

> Hey Burt,
>
> Thanks for working on the ACL plugin. What about it ? Is it released ?
>
> Because I work with that with my project (in fact I've updated my project to
> grails 1.3.7 with STS 2.6.0 M2 in order to fix the export plugin bug.)
> This is working, but now with the ACL plugin I got multiple and incoherent
> errors line like:
>
> Groovy:The return type of String toString() in
> org.codehaus.groovy.grails.plugins.springsecurity.acl.AclClass is
> incompatible with java.lang.String toString() in
>  java.lang.Object
>
> In the file BuildConfig.groovy.
>
> I thought it could be helpful for you to see that... I'm really stuck for
> now as I can't use my project without the export plugin and without the ACL
> plugin.
>
> Please keep me informed on how is it actually going with the new ACL
> release.
>
> Berenger
>

> burtbeckwith wrote:
> >
> > Actually, don't bother with the JIRA - I'll release an updated ACL plugin
> > soon.
> >
> > Burt
> >
> >> Please create a JIRA for this at http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/GRAILS -
> >> I think this is a Grails issue, not a plugin issue. The plugin is
> >> referencing application classes (the generated ACL domain classes) and
> >> failing since the plugin classes are compiled first.
> >>
> >> Burt

Re: ANN: Grails 1.3.7 Released

b.collotte
I'm getting this error from STS but I tried to refresh the dependencies a lot of times without any results...

Still I'm getting the same error. Any other ideas? Thanks anyway.

Berenger

burtbeckwith wrote