ANN: Grails 2.0 RC3 now available

Graeme Rocher
Administrator
Hi all,

Based on feedback from the Grails 2.0 RC2 release at the beginning of
the week, we have addressed a number of issues that were blocking
users from trying out RC2 by releasing Grails 2.0 RC3 to address
those.

Further information about the issues addressed can be found in the
JIRA change log at
http://jira.grails.org/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=10020&version=13019

You can download Grails 2.0 RC3 from the normal place at
http://grails.org/Download

Once again keep the feedback coming, we've had some great issue
reports and it is helping Grails 2.0 on the road to being a solid GA
release

http://www.springsource.com

Re: ANN: Grails 2.0 RC3 now available

Chanwit Kaewkasi
I feel so agile. Thanks, Graeme !

Cheers,

Chanwit

On Fri, Dec 2, 2011 at 23:11, Graeme Rocher <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Based on feedback from the Grails 2.0 RC2 release at the beginning of
> the week, we have addressed a number of issues that were blocking
> users from trying out RC2 by releasing Grails 2.0 RC3 to address
> those.
>
> Further information about the issues addressed can be found in the
> JIRA change log at
> http://jira.grails.org/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=10020&version=13019
>
> You can download Grails 2.0 RC3 from the normal place at
> http://grails.org/Download
>
> Once again keep the feedback coming, we've had some great issue
> reports and it is helping Grails 2.0 on the road to being a solid GA
> release
>
> Cheers
>
> --
> Graeme Rocher
> Grails Project Lead
> SpringSource - A Division of VMware
> http://www.springsource.com

Chanwit Kaewkasi
code.google.com/p/zkgrails
twitter.com/chanwit

Re: ANN: Grails 2.0 RC3 now available

MLoe
This post was updated on .
Hi Graeme,

I still have the issue http://jira.grails.org/browse/GRAILS-8385 .
Switching to Java 1.7 still leads to http://jira.grails.org/browse/GRAILS-8393 .

Is there something wrong the the download?

Thanks, Michael

Correction: GRAILS-8385 was a sideeffect of an error in my user class, which is now fixed

    def constraints =
    {
        email(email: true)
    }

fixed by

    static constraints =
    {
        email(email: true)
    }

Sorry for the hassel, Michael

On Fri, Dec 2, 2011 at 6:22 PM, MLoe <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi Graeme,
>
> I still have the issue http://jira.grails.org/browse/GRAILS-8385 .

What JVM are you using? We no longer pass null to field and it passes
on Win 7 Sun JDK for me

> Switching to Java 1.7 still leads to
> http://jira.grails.org/browse/GRAILS-8393 .

You need to update your BuildConfig in this case

Cheers

> Is there something wrong the the download?
>
> Thanks, Michael

http://www.springsource.com

Re: ANN: Grails 2.0 RC3 now available

MLoe
I'm using Java 1.6_0.21 under Win7 32bit.

What do I have to change in my BuildConfig to use Java 1.7?

My actuale BuildConfig is:

grails.project.class.dir = "target/classes"
grails.project.test.class.dir = "target/test-classes"
grails.project.test.reports.dir = "target/test-reports"
grails.project.dependency.resolution = {
    inherits("global") {
    }
    log "warn" // log level of Ivy resolver, either 'error', 'warn', 'info', 'debug' or 'verbose'
    repositories {
        grailsPlugins()
        grailsHome()
        grailsCentral()