ANN: Grails 2.1.1 now available

Graeme Rocher
Administrator
Hi all,

We have release Grails 2.1.1, this release contains many bug fixes and
even a new feature (first() and last() methods for GORM). Information
below:

Release notes: http://grails.org/2.1.1+Release+Notes
Change log: http://jira.grails.org/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=10020&version=13207
Download: http://grails.org/Download

The next release will be Grails 2.2 RC1 which will follow shortly.
Keep the JIRAs coming, your feedback is appreciated.

Enjoy!

http://www.springsource.com

Re: ANN: Grails 2.1.1 now available

zyro
thanks once again to the dev team and all contributors!

> We have release Grails 2.1.1, this release contains many bug fixes and
> even a new feature (first() and last() methods for GORM). Information
> below:
>
> Release notes: http://grails.org/2.1.1+Release+Notes
> Change log: http://jira.grails.org/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=10020&version=13207
> Download: http://grails.org/Download
>
> The next release will be Grails 2.2 RC1 which will follow shortly.
> Keep the JIRAs coming, your feedback is appreciated.
>
> Enjoy!

Re: ANN: Grails 2.1.1 now available

Dean Del Ponte-2
Awesome work!

On Wed, Sep 12, 2012 at 8:35 AM, zyro <[hidden email]> wrote:
thanks once again to the dev team and all contributors!

> We have release Grails 2.1.1, this release contains many bug fixes and
> even a new feature (first() and last() methods for GORM). Information
> below:
>
> Release notes: http://grails.org/2.1.1+Release+Notes
> Change log: http://jira.grails.org/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=10020&version=13207
> Download: http://grails.org/Download
>
> The next release will be Grails 2.2 RC1 which will follow shortly.
> Keep the JIRAs coming, your feedback is appreciated.
>
> Enjoy!

Re: ANN: Grails 2.1.1 now available

thomas fuller
Very cool!

I have one question though: from what I see the Hibernate dependency hasn't been upgraded to v. 4+. Assuming I haven't missed anything, can you please give me an idea when this will be done?

Thanks,

Tom

On Wed, Sep 12, 2012 at 9:19 PM, Dean Del Ponte <[hidden email]> wrote:
Awesome work!

On Wed, Sep 12, 2012 at 8:35 AM, zyro <[hidden email]> wrote:
thanks once again to the dev team and all contributors!

> We have release Grails 2.1.1, this release contains many bug fixes and
> even a new feature (first() and last() methods for GORM). Information
> below:
>
> Release notes: http://grails.org/2.1.1+Release+Notes
> Change log: http://jira.grails.org/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=10020&version=13207
> Download: http://grails.org/Download
>
> The next release will be Grails 2.2 RC1 which will follow shortly.
> Keep the JIRAs coming, your feedback is appreciated.
>
> Enjoy!

Re: ANN: Grails 2.1.1 now available

Jeff Scott Brown

On Sep 13, 2012, at 10:36 AM, Thomas Fuller wrote:

> Very cool!
>
> I have one question though: from what I see the Hibernate dependency hasn't been upgraded to v. 4+. Assuming I haven't missed anything, can you please give me an idea when this will be done?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Tom

Tom,

I don't think upgrading to Hibernate 4 would have been an appropriate thing to include in a 2.1.1 point release.  I think that is probably going to be part of 2.3.

Are there specific things in Hibernate 4 that you are anxious to take advantage of within Grails?  Your input is appreciated.

jsb

--
Jeff Brown
SpringSource

Autism Strikes 1 in 166
Find The Cause ~ Find The Cure
http://www.autismspeaks.org/

Re: ANN: Grails 2.1.1 now available

sethfuller
I keep waiting for STS to update Grails to 2.1, but I guess I'll just give up and download the latest version myself.

Re: ANN: Grails 2.1.1 now available

mlawler
While we are talking about hibernate:

In grails 2.1.0 I can do:

grails create-app myTestApp
cd myTestApp
grails dependency-report

then look at target/dependency-report/xxx-runtime.html and you will see the transitive dependencies of the 'hibernate by org.grails.plugins'. hibernate-core is included there.

However in 2.1.1 if I do the same, the 'hibernate by org.grails.plugins' no longer has any transitive dependencies. No hibernate-core :-(

I suspect this change from 2.1.0 to 2.1.1 is impacting the way we use binary plugins. Hibernate 2.1.1 as a binary grails  plugins work ok if maven drives the build, but it no longer works if grails drives the build and you use the binary version of the grails 2.1.1 hibernate plugin.

regards,
Michael

 On 14/09/2012, at 2:54 AM, Jeff Brown <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Radim Kolar-2
  Are there specific things in Hibernate 4 that you are anxious to take
advantage of within Grails?

hibernate-search

Re: ANN: Grails 2.1.1 now available

Graeme Rocher
Administrator
Michael - can you clear your local ivy cache, the POM for the
hibernate plugin seems to be valid:

http://repo.grails.org/grails/plugins/org/grails/plugins/hibernate/2.1.1/hibernate-2.1.1.pom

It does include hibernate-core

So I'm not sure why you are seeing this problem

Cheers

On Fri, Sep 14, 2012 at 3:42 AM, Michael Lawler
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> While we are talking about hibernate:
>
> In grails 2.1.0 I can do:
>
> grails create-app myTestApp
> cd myTestApp
> grails dependency-report
>
> then look at target/dependency-report/xxx-runtime.html and you will see the
> transitive dependencies of the 'hibernate by org.grails.plugins'.
> hibernate-core is included there.
>
> However in 2.1.1 if I do the same, the 'hibernate by org.grails.plugins' no
> longer has any transitive dependencies. No hibernate-core :-(
>
> I suspect this change from 2.1.0 to 2.1.1 is impacting the way we use binary
> plugins. Hibernate 2.1.1 as a binary grails  plugins work ok if maven drives
> the build, but it no longer works if grails drives the build and you use the
> binary version of the grails 2.1.1 hibernate plugin.
>
> regards,
> Michael
>
>  On 14/09/2012, at 2:54 AM, Jeff Brown <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

> On Sep 13, 2012, at 10:36 AM, Thomas Fuller wrote:
>
> Very cool!
>
> I have one question though: from what I see the Hibernate dependency hasn't
> been upgraded to v. 4+. Assuming I haven't missed anything, can you please
> give me an idea when this will be done?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Tom
>

> Tom,
>
> I don't think upgrading to Hibernate 4 would have been an appropriate thing
> to include in a 2.1.1 point release.  I think that is probably going to be
> part of 2.3.
>
> Are there specific things in Hibernate 4 that you are anxious to take
> advantage of within Grails?  Your input is appreciated.
>

> jsb
>
> --
> Jeff Brown
> SpringSource
> http://www.springsource.com/
>
> Autism Strikes 1 in 166
> Find The Cause ~ Find The Cure
> http://www.autismspeaks.org/

http://www.springsource.com

Re: ANN: Grails 2.1.1 now available

mlawler
Thanks Graham, clearing grails-hibernate related items from my local ivy cache resolved this issue.

I can now build the grails-hibernate plugin as a binary plugin jar and it works fine.

cheers,
Michael.