ANN: Grails 2.3.0 GA Released!

Graeme Rocher-2
Hi all,

Just in time for those enjoying SpringOne/2GX (http://springone2gx.com) we are pleased to announce the availability of Grails 2.3 GA!

Grails 2.3 includes a number of significant new features including:

* Complete REST support
* Async Programming APIs
* Dependency Management with Aether
* Forked Execution Everywhere
* XSS Prevention
* Rewritten Data Binding
* Hibernate 4 Support
* Loads of smaller, useful features!

For more information please see the "What's New in 2.3" guide at:

Further information about the release can be found at:

Note: We are aware that the IDEs will require some updates to work with Grails 2.3.0. If you plan to use 2.3.0 soon, please use the Intellij IDEA EAPs and latest GGTS milestone releases

Thanks to all those who contributed feedback during the milestone and RC phase. Enjoy!

SpringSource

Integration test fails in GGTS using Grails 2.2.3

BrianGardner

I’ve created a new Grails project in GGTS which has a single controller and a single service. I wanted to run an integration test to see if my service gets properly injected in my controller, so I created a test as follows:

class AuditLookupControllerTests extends GrailsUnitTestCase   {

   def auditLookupService

  @Test

  void testLookup() {

      def alc = new AuditLookupController()

      alc.auditLookupService = auditLookupService

      alc.index()

      assert

When I run the test as follows, I get the output below.

test-app integration     or…

test-app integration:integration

| Configuring classpath.

| Environment set to test.....

| Packaging Grails application.....

| Packaging Grails application.....

| Tests FAILED  - view reports in …/test-reports

When I look at the output files in test-reports, I see:

Unit Test Results - Failed tests

No tests executed.

Note that the same thing happens regardless of the code. I recreated the Integration test with nothing more than:

@Test

    void testSomething() {

        assert 1 == 1

    }

and the results are the same.

Please let me know of any ideas you might have concerning this.

Brian Gardner

This communication is for informational purposes only. It is not intended as an offer or solicitation for the purchase or sale of any financial instrument or as an official confirmation of any transaction. All market prices, data and other information are not warranted as to completeness or accuracy and are subject to change without notice. Any comments or statements made herein do not necessarily reflect those of JPMorgan Chase & Co., its subsidiaries and affiliates. This transmission may contain information that is proprietary, privileged, confidential and/or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of the information contained herein (including any reliance thereon) is STRICTLY PROHIBITED. Although this transmission and any attachments are believed to be free of any virus or other defect that might affect any computer system into which it is received and opened, it is the responsibility of the recipient to ensure that it is virus free and no responsibility is accepted by JPMorgan Chase & Co., its subsidiaries and affiliates, as applicable, for any loss or damage arising in any way from its use. If you received this transmission in error, please immediately contact the sender and destroy the material in its entirety, whether in electronic or hard copy format. Thank you. Please refer to http://www.jpmorgan.com/pages/disclosures for disclosures relating to European legal entities.

Re: ANN: Grails 2.3.0 GA Released!

zyro
thanks to all involved in making this release happen!

> we are pleased to announce the availability of Grails 2.3 GA!
>
> Grails 2.3 includes a number of significant new features including:
>
> * Complete REST support
> * Async Programming APIs
> * Dependency Management with Aether
> * Forked Execution Everywhere
> * XSS Prevention
> * Rewritten Data Binding
> * Hibernate 4 Support
> * Loads of smaller, useful features!
>
> For more information please see the "What's New in 2.3" guide at:
>
> http://grails.org/doc/2.3.x/guide/introduction.html#whatsNew23
>
> Further information about the release can be found at:
>
> http://grails.org/2.3.0+Release+Notes
>
> Note: We are aware that the IDEs will require some updates to work with
> Grails 2.3.0. If you plan to use 2.3.0 soon, please use the Intellij
> IDEA EAPs and latest GGTS milestone releases
>
> Thanks to all those who contributed feedback during the milestone and RC
> phase. Enjoy!
>
> Cheers
> --
> Graeme Rocher
> Grails Project Lead
> SpringSource

Re: ANN: Grails 2.3.0 GA Released!

jdgiotta
Cool, Graeme!

On Tue, Sep 10, 2013 at 8:02 AM, zyro <[hidden email]> wrote:
thanks to all involved in making this release happen!

> we are pleased to announce the availability of Grails 2.3 GA!
>
> Grails 2.3 includes a number of significant new features including:
>
> * Complete REST support
> * Async Programming APIs
> * Dependency Management with Aether
> * Forked Execution Everywhere
> * XSS Prevention
> * Rewritten Data Binding
> * Hibernate 4 Support
> * Loads of smaller, useful features!
>
> For more information please see the "What's New in 2.3" guide at:
>
> http://grails.org/doc/2.3.x/guide/introduction.html#whatsNew23
>
> Further information about the release can be found at:
>
> http://grails.org/2.3.0+Release+Notes
>
> Note: We are aware that the IDEs will require some updates to work with
> Grails 2.3.0. If you plan to use 2.3.0 soon, please use the Intellij
> IDEA EAPs and latest GGTS milestone releases
>
> Thanks to all those who contributed feedback during the milestone and RC
> phase. Enjoy!
>
> Cheers
> --
> Graeme Rocher
> Grails Project Lead
> SpringSource

RE: Integration test fails in GGTS using Grails 2.2.3

BrianGardner

Checked nabble, and didn’t see this one from yesterday. Please let me know if you have any ideas.

Brian

> [...]

Integration test fails in GGTS using Grails 2.2.3

Sorry if you’re seeing this multiple times. I just figured out that, if you use the reply feature to make a new post because you’re too lazy to start a new email, it gets added to the one you’re replying to (regardless of how you change the body and subject), and so isn’t really visible. My apologies; I will behave myself in the future.

> [...]

This communication is for informational purposes only. It is not intended as an offer or solicitation for the purchase or sale of any financial instrument or as an official confirmation of any transaction. All market prices, data and other information are not warranted as to completeness or accuracy and are subject to change without notice. Any comments or statements made herein do not necessarily reflect those of JPMorgan Chase & Co., its subsidiaries and affiliates. This transmission may contain information that is proprietary, privileged, confidential and/or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of the information contained herein (including any reliance thereon) is STRICTLY PROHIBITED. Although this transmission and any attachments are believed to be free of any virus or other defect that might affect any computer system into which it is received and opened, it is the responsibility of the recipient to ensure that it is virus free and no responsibility is accepted by JPMorgan Chase & Co., its subsidiaries and affiliates, as applicable, for any loss or damage arising in any way from its use. If you received this transmission in error, please immediately contact the sender and destroy the material in its entirety, whether in electronic or hard copy format. Thank you. Please refer to http://www.jpmorgan.com/pages/disclosures for disclosures relating to European legal entities.

Mauro
Thanks for your job.