[ANN]Grails Domain Locking Plugin 0.3 Released

[ANN]Grails Domain Locking Plugin 0.3 Released

Yasuharu NAKANO-3
Hi all,

I'm very pleased to announce the release of domain-locking plugin,
which provides an easy way to use optimistic/pessimistic locking.  You
can easily and simply handle optimistic locking including of catching
OptimisticLockingFailureException.

To learn more about the plugin, please read the user guide.

- Improx Plugin User Guide: http://kobo.github.com/grails-domain-locking/
- Grails Plugin Site: http://grails.org/plugin/domain-locking/
- Github: http://github.com/kobo/grails-domain-locking/

Please check it out and send me your feedback!

Yasuharu NAKANO / nobeans

RE: [ANN]Grails Domain Locking Plugin 0.3 Released

wwwclaes
Nice effort! I will give it a try when I have time for this.

Have you seen Marc Palmer's article on the subject? Might give you some inspiration and ideas:

It's a complicated subject, but this may be a good start. I have selectively (and carefully) started to try to re-save domains to decrease the frequency of optimistic locking error messages to the user. Some kind of support for that in the plugin may be possible to implement in a generic way.

I'm far from a GORM know-it-all, but if I try your plugin and come up with anything I will let you know.

Thanks,
Claes

> From: [hidden email]

> Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2013 18:17:56 +0900
> To: [hidden email]
> Subject: [grails-user] [ANN]Grails Domain Locking Plugin 0.3 Released
>
> Hi all,
>
> I'm very pleased to announce the release of domain-locking plugin,
> which provides an easy way to use optimistic/pessimistic locking. You
> can easily and simply handle optimistic locking including of catching
> OptimisticLockingFailureException.
>
> To learn more about the plugin, please read the user guide.
>
> - Improx Plugin User Guide: http://kobo.github.com/grails-domain-locking/
> - Grails Plugin Site: http://grails.org/plugin/domain-locking/
> - Github: http://github.com/kobo/grails-domain-locking/
>
> Please check it out and send me your feedback!
>
> Regards,
>
> --
> Yasuharu NAKANO / nobeans

Re: [ANN]Grails Domain Locking Plugin 0.3 Released

Eamonn O'Connell-2
I second that. Nice effort indeed. Everyone hits these concurrency and locking problems, and there isn't always a user available to decide what the appropriate action should be.

On 29 March 2013 15:23, Claes Svensson <[hidden email]> wrote:
Nice effort! I will give it a try when I have time for this.

Have you seen Marc Palmer's article on the subject? Might give you some inspiration and ideas:

It's a complicated subject, but this may be a good start. I have selectively (and carefully) started to try to re-save domains to decrease the frequency of optimistic locking error messages to the user. Some kind of support for that in the plugin may be possible to implement in a generic way.

I'm far from a GORM know-it-all, but if I try your plugin and come up with anything I will let you know.

Thanks,
Claes

> From: [hidden email]
> Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2013 18:17:56 +0900
> To: [hidden email]
> Subject: [grails-user] [ANN]Grails Domain Locking Plugin 0.3 Released

> Hi all,
>
> I'm very pleased to announce the release of domain-locking plugin,
> which provides an easy way to use optimistic/pessimistic locking. You
> can easily and simply handle optimistic locking including of catching
> OptimisticLockingFailureException.
>
> To learn more about the plugin, please read the user guide.
>
> - Improx Plugin User Guide: http://kobo.github.com/grails-domain-locking/
> - Grails Plugin Site: http://grails.org/plugin/domain-locking/
> - Github: http://github.com/kobo/grails-domain-locking/
>
> Please check it out and send me your feedback!
>
> Regards,
>
> --
> Yasuharu NAKANO / nobeans

Re: [ANN]Grails Domain Locking Plugin 0.3 Released

Yasuharu NAKANO-2
Hi Claes,

Thank you!  I'll read the Marc's article. It looks very interesting for me. And I'm waiting for your feedback!

Yasuharu Nakano

Re: [ANN]Grails Domain Locking Plugin 0.3 Released

Yasuharu NAKANO-3
Hi Eamonn,

Certainly. I developed it because I think the easy and simple way of tackling the problem is required in order to promote Grails to projects in my organization.

On Fri, Mar 29, 2013 at 11:33 PM, Eamonn O'Connell <[hidden email]> wrote:
I second that. Nice effort indeed. Everyone hits these concurrency and locking problems, and there isn't always a user available to decide what the appropriate action should be.

On 29 March 2013 15:23, Claes Svensson <[hidden email]> wrote:
Nice effort! I will give it a try when I have time for this.

Have you seen Marc Palmer's article on the subject? Might give you some inspiration and ideas:

It's a complicated subject, but this may be a good start. I have selectively (and carefully) started to try to re-save domains to decrease the frequency of optimistic locking error messages to the user. Some kind of support for that in the plugin may be possible to implement in a generic way.

I'm far from a GORM know-it-all, but if I try your plugin and come up with anything I will let you know.

Thanks,
Claes

> From: [hidden email]
> Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2013 18:17:56 +0900
> To: [hidden email]
> Subject: [grails-user] [ANN]Grails Domain Locking Plugin 0.3 Released

> Hi all,
>
> I'm very pleased to announce the release of domain-locking plugin,
> which provides an easy way to use optimistic/pessimistic locking. You
> can easily and simply handle optimistic locking including of catching
> OptimisticLockingFailureException.
>
> To learn more about the plugin, please read the user guide.
>
> - Improx Plugin User Guide: http://kobo.github.com/grails-domain-locking/
> - Grails Plugin Site: http://grails.org/plugin/domain-locking/
> - Github: http://github.com/kobo/grails-domain-locking/
>
> Please check it out and send me your feedback!
>
> Regards,
>
> --
> Yasuharu NAKANO / nobeans

Yasuharu NAKANO / nobeans