ANN: Grails postgresql-extension with Hstore support

ANN: Grails postgresql-extension with Hstore support

lmivan
Hi all,

yesterday I release a new version of the grails-postgresql-extensions plugin that supports the native Hstore type: http://grails.org/plugin/postgresql-extensions

If you're using Postgresql I recommend you that try the plugin because it enables your grails application use native postgresql types like Arrays and Hstore.

In the following weeks I'll add support to query against hstore types and the next milestone would be the json support.

If you have any question, feature or comment, please do not hesitate to contact.

All documentation and contact information is available at github repo: https://github.com/kaleidos/grails-postgresql-extensions

Regards, Iván.

Re: ANN: Grails postgresql-extension with Hstore support

Christian Ramseyer
Thanks for posting this, we're using Postgres a lot and I didn't know
about this extension.

I'm currently working on an application which could make good use of the
native "inet" (IP addresses) data type. Do you have any plans for   it
in the future?

Best regards
Christian

On 10/29/13 9:14 AM, lmivan wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> yesterday I release a new version of the grails-postgresql-extensions
> plugin that supports the native Hstore
> type: http://grails.org/plugin/postgresql-extensions
>
> If you're using Postgresql I recommend you that try the plugin because
> it enables your grails application use native postgresql types like
> Arrays and Hstore.
>
> In the following weeks I'll add support to query against hstore types
> and the next milestone would be the json support.
>
> If you have any question, feature or comment, please do not hesitate to
> contact.
>
> All documentation and contact information is available at github
> repo: https://github.com/kaleidos/grails-postgresql-extensions
>
> Regards, Iván.

Re: ANN: Grails postgresql-extension with Hstore support

Manuel Vio
Thanks Iván!

Re: ANN: Grails postgresql-extension with Hstore support

lmivan

Hi Christian,

Currently I haven't plans to support inet type. At least for the moment.

But I do accept pull requests :-)

Regards, Iván.

--
Sent from my Nexus 10

El 29/10/2013 14:41, "Christian Ramseyer" <[hidden email]> escribió:
Thanks for posting this, we're using Postgres a lot and I didn't know
about this extension.

I'm currently working on an application which could make good use of the
native "inet" (IP addresses) data type. Do you have any plans for   it
in the future?

Best regards
Christian

On 10/29/13 9:14 AM, lmivan wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> yesterday I release a new version of the grails-postgresql-extensions
> plugin that supports the native Hstore
> type: http://grails.org/plugin/postgresql-extensions
>
> If you're using Postgresql I recommend you that try the plugin because
> it enables your grails application use native postgresql types like
> Arrays and Hstore.
>
> In the following weeks I'll add support to query against hstore types
> and the next milestone would be the json support.
>
> If you have any question, feature or comment, please do not hesitate to
> contact.
>
> All documentation and contact information is available at github
> repo: https://github.com/kaleidos/grails-postgresql-extensions
>
> Regards, Iván.

Re: ANN: Grails postgresql-extension with Hstore support

Christian Ramseyer
Alright thanks Iván, I actually already looked into your code and spent
some thought on adding it myself. I can't promise anything but if I have
some downtime I'll give it a shot.

Christian

On 10/31/13 5:27 PM, Iván López wrote:

> Hi Christian,
>
> Currently I haven't plans to support inet type. At least for the moment.
>
> But I do accept pull requests :-)
>
> Regards, Iván.
>
> --
> Sent from my Nexus 10
>
> El 29/10/2013 14:41, "Christian Ramseyer" <[hidden email]
> <mailto:[hidden email]>> escribió:
>
>     Thanks for posting this, we're using Postgres a lot and I didn't know
>     about this extension.
>
>     I'm currently working on an application which could make good use of the
>     native "inet" (IP addresses) data type. Do you have any plans for   it
>     in the future?
>
>     Best regards
>     Christian
>

>     On 10/29/13 9:14 AM, lmivan wrote:
>     > Hi all,
>     >
>     > yesterday I release a new version of the grails-postgresql-extensions
>     > plugin that supports the native Hstore
>     > type: http://grails.org/plugin/postgresql-extensions
>     >
>     > If you're using Postgresql I recommend you that try the plugin because
>     > it enables your grails application use native postgresql types like
>     > Arrays and Hstore.
>     >
>     > In the following weeks I'll add support to query against hstore types
>     > and the next milestone would be the json support.
>     >
>     > If you have any question, feature or comment, please do not
>     hesitate to
>     > contact.
>     >
>     > All documentation and contact information is available at github
>     > repo: https://github.com/kaleidos/grails-postgresql-extensions
>     >
>     > Regards, Iván.
>     >

>         http://xircles.codehaus.org/manage_email

Re: ANN: Grails postgresql-extension with Hstore support

lmivan
Thank you Christian. I don't know and haven't used the inet type so if you start with some basic support I can continue your work and improve the support of the type.

Regards, Iván.