[ANN] Groovy 2.0 is released!

Guillaume Laforge-2
Dear all,

The Groovy development team is very pleased to announce the release of Groovy 2.0, the highly popular dynamic language for the Java platform.

For the key highlights of this important milestone, Groovy 2.0 comes packed with:
  • a static type checker to let the compiler tell you about the correctness of your code,
  • static compilation for the performance of the critical parts of your application,
  • modularity, splitting the Groovy JAR into smaller feature-oriented JARs and letting you create your own extension modules,
  • JDK 7 Project Coin syntax enhancements, so that Groovy is still as friendly as possible with its Java cousin,
  • and JDK 7 Invoke Dynamic integration to benefit from the support of the JVM for dynamic languages.

To learn more about all those great key new features, please read the Groovy 2.0 article on InfoQ that I’ve written, detailing and explaining all those novelties.

To download Groovy 2.0, go to the download area of the Groovy website.

For further information on all the JIRA issues fixed in this release and the various betas and release candidates, you can have a look at the JIRA changelog.

We’d like to thank all our users, all the contributors and committers who made this important release a reality, thanks to their feedback, their support, and their contributions.

Have a Groovy day!

Guillaume Laforge, on the behalf of the Groovy team.

--
Guillaume Laforge
Groovy Project Manager

Re: [LCC] [ANN] Groovy 2.0 is released!

smaldini
Congrats. And yet another time Happy Birthday Mr Laforge. Now thats a celebration.

On Thu, Jun 28, 2012 at 11:39 AM, Guillaume Laforge <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Vous recevez ce message, car vous êtes abonné au groupe Google Groupes lescastcodeurs.
Pour envoyer un message à ce groupe, adressez un e-mail à [hidden email].

Stéphane MALDINI

Re: [ANN] Groovy 2.0 is released!

Sebastien ARBOGAST
Kudos! Today is a happy day!
---
Sébastien Arbogast
http://sebastien-arbogast.com

2012/6/28 Guillaume Laforge <[hidden email]>:

> Dear all,
>
> The Groovy development team is very pleased to announce the release of
> Groovy 2.0, the highly popular dynamic language for the Java platform.
>
> For the key highlights of this important milestone, Groovy 2.0 comes packed
> with:
>
> a static type checker to let the compiler tell you about the correctness of
> your code,
> static compilation for the performance of the critical parts of your
> application,
> modularity, splitting the Groovy JAR into smaller feature-oriented JARs and
> letting you create your own extension modules,
> JDK 7 Project Coin syntax enhancements, so that Groovy is still as friendly
> as possible with its Java cousin,
> and JDK 7 Invoke Dynamic integration to benefit from the support of the JVM
> for dynamic languages.
>

> To learn more about all those great key new features, please read the Groovy
> 2.0 article on InfoQ that I’ve written, detailing and explaining all those
> novelties.
>
> To download Groovy 2.0, go to the download area of the Groovy website.
>
> For further information on all the JIRA issues fixed in this release and the
> various betas and release candidates, you can have a look at the JIRA
> changelog.
>
> We’d like to thank all our users, all the contributors and committers who
> made this important release a reality, thanks to their feedback, their
> support, and their contributions.
>
> Have a Groovy day!
>
> Guillaume Laforge, on the behalf of the Groovy team.
>
> --
> Guillaume Laforge
> Groovy Project Manager
> SpringSource, a division of VMware
>
> Blog: http://glaforge.appspot.com/
> Social: @glaforge / Google+

Re: [ANN] Groovy 2.0 is released!

Jean Barmash 1
Fantastic!  Congratulations to the whole team!

This is the link to submitted infoQ article on hacker news, if people want to upvote.  Would be nice to get this on the front page.   Also, if somebody on here submitted this and can change the title, I think a better title would be "Groovy 2.0 adds static type checking, static compilation, invoke dynamic support".

http://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=4171013

Cheers,

Jean

On Thu, Jun 28, 2012 at 6:51 AM, Sebastien ARBOGAST <[hidden email]> wrote:
Kudos! Today is a happy day!
---
Sébastien Arbogast
http://sebastien-arbogast.com

2012/6/28 Guillaume Laforge <[hidden email]>:
> Dear all,
>
> The Groovy development team is very pleased to announce the release of
> Groovy 2.0, the highly popular dynamic language for the Java platform.
>
> For the key highlights of this important milestone, Groovy 2.0 comes packed
> with:
>
> a static type checker to let the compiler tell you about the correctness of
> your code,
> static compilation for the performance of the critical parts of your
> application,
> modularity, splitting the Groovy JAR into smaller feature-oriented JARs and
> letting you create your own extension modules,
> JDK 7 Project Coin syntax enhancements, so that Groovy is still as friendly
> as possible with its Java cousin,
> and JDK 7 Invoke Dynamic integration to benefit from the support of the JVM
> for dynamic languages.
>

> To learn more about all those great key new features, please read the Groovy
> 2.0 article on InfoQ that I’ve written, detailing and explaining all those
> novelties.
>
> To download Groovy 2.0, go to the download area of the Groovy website.
>
> For further information on all the JIRA issues fixed in this release and the
> various betas and release candidates, you can have a look at the JIRA
> changelog.
>
> We’d like to thank all our users, all the contributors and committers who
> made this important release a reality, thanks to their feedback, their
> support, and their contributions.
>
> Have a Groovy day!
>
> Guillaume Laforge, on the behalf of the Groovy team.
>
> --
> Guillaume Laforge
> Groovy Project Manager
> SpringSource, a division of VMware
>
> Blog: http://glaforge.appspot.com/
> Social: @glaforge / Google+

Re: [ANN] Groovy 2.0 is released!

bond_
Cool.. Great news.

On Thu, Jun 28, 2012 at 4:21 PM, Sebastien ARBOGAST <[hidden email]> wrote:
Kudos! Today is a happy day!
---
Sébastien Arbogast
http://sebastien-arbogast.com

2012/6/28 Guillaume Laforge <[hidden email]>:
> Dear all,
>
> The Groovy development team is very pleased to announce the release of
> Groovy 2.0, the highly popular dynamic language for the Java platform.
>
> For the key highlights of this important milestone, Groovy 2.0 comes packed
> with:
>
> a static type checker to let the compiler tell you about the correctness of
> your code,
> static compilation for the performance of the critical parts of your
> application,
> modularity, splitting the Groovy JAR into smaller feature-oriented JARs and
> letting you create your own extension modules,
> JDK 7 Project Coin syntax enhancements, so that Groovy is still as friendly
> as possible with its Java cousin,
> and JDK 7 Invoke Dynamic integration to benefit from the support of the JVM
> for dynamic languages.
>

> To learn more about all those great key new features, please read the Groovy
> 2.0 article on InfoQ that I’ve written, detailing and explaining all those
> novelties.
>
> To download Groovy 2.0, go to the download area of the Groovy website.
>
> For further information on all the JIRA issues fixed in this release and the
> various betas and release candidates, you can have a look at the JIRA
> changelog.
>
> We’d like to thank all our users, all the contributors and committers who
> made this important release a reality, thanks to their feedback, their
> support, and their contributions.
>
> Have a Groovy day!
>
> Guillaume Laforge, on the behalf of the Groovy team.
>
> --
> Guillaume Laforge
> Groovy Project Manager
> SpringSource, a division of VMware
>
> Blog: http://glaforge.appspot.com/
> Social: @glaforge / Google+

Thanks and regards,
Ravi Teja

Re: [ANN] Groovy 2.0 is released!

Guillaume Laforge-2
By the way, you can vote up for the announcement on DZone!

And on Hacker News, as well as giving your feedback there too (as the audience there is often pro-other-languages-than-groovy):

Thanks for helping us spreading the word!

Guillaume