[ANN] Groovy crosses 3 million downloads a year

[ANN] Groovy crosses 3 million downloads a year

Guillaume Laforge-2
Hi all,

I'm happy to report that in 2013, Groovy was downloaded more than 3 million times!
To be compared with the 1.7 millions in 2012, that's an impressive growth!

I've blogged about those figures, illustrating them with the help of two graphs.

The first one shows the upward trend in monthly downloads, both from Codehaus and Maven Central.

While the second graph shows the breakdown of Groovy versions being used and adopted as new major releases of Groovy happen. As of today, Groovy 2.2 is surpassing Groovy 2.1 and prior versions.

I'd like to say big thanks to the Groovy core team for its hard work and dedication towards that incredible success, as well as to the whole Groovy community and ecosystem for their support and continued investment in the platform!

--
Guillaume Laforge
Groovy Project Manager
Pivotal, Inc.