Quantcast

[ANN] Groovy web console updated with new social features

[ANN] Groovy web console updated with new social features

Guillaume Laforge-2
Hi all,

I've updated the Groovy Web Console a bit to add some "social" features :-)

So in addition to being able to execute scripts, we can also save them and share them with the world.

For instance, here's an example of a script written by Paul:

And you'll notice the novelties: the ability to comment on those scripts.
Thanks to an integration of a third-party remote commenting service (IntenseDebate).
(I didn't feel like reinventing the wheel there :-)

When publishing a new script, you can now also provide a set of tags (comma separated) to classify your scripts.

When you view the recent scripts list:
You'll notice you can view the scripts by tag or author.

So don't hesitate to spread the word, and to share some Groovy scripts with the rest of the world :-)

--
Guillaume Laforge
Groovy Project Manager
http://www.springsource.com/g2one

Re: [ANN] Groovy web console updated with new social features

Tom Nichols
Cool.  This is actually the first I've looked at the web console.
It's a neat tool.

I have to ask, although I probably already know the answer -- Grape
and @Grab are probably not going to work, are they?  I wanted to write
an example of the web service script using HTTPBuilder.

Thanks.
-Tom

On Wed, Jul 29, 2009 at 20:23, Tom Nichols <[hidden email]> wrote:
Cool.  This is actually the first I've looked at the web console.
It's a neat tool.

Cool, glad you liked it :-)

I have to ask, although I probably already know the answer -- Grape
and @Grab are probably not going to work, are they?  I wanted to write
an example of the web service script using HTTPBuilder.

Yeah, unfortunately, on Google App Engine, applications can only access the files in the webapp, nothing else, and even just in read-only mode. So there's no luck we'd be able to store the JARs.

I've seen there's a plugin for commons-vfs (virtual file system) over BigTable.
So we could imagine some clever trick for replacing files with such virtual files, and some specific classloader, etc... but well, it's some work ;-)

Guillaume

--
Guillaume Laforge
Groovy Project Manager
http://www.springsource.com/g2one

Re: [ANN] Groovy web console updated with new social features

Shrestha
Cool, I like it. One omission: Though credit is given to CodeMirror for the Groovy editor, there is no mention of "SyntaxHighlighter" for the code highlighter.

<quote author="glaforge">