ANN: Heroku plugin released

burtbeckwith
I've released version 1.0 of the Heroku plugin. The plugin makes it easy to deploy Grails applications to Heroku ( http://www.heroku.com/ ). It works with Grails 1.3.3 and above, although Heroku currently only works with 1.3.7 and 2.0 or higher.

This is an official Grails plugin, so the code is hosted at https://github.com/grails-plugins/grails-heroku/

The standard wiki page is http://grails.org/plugin/heroku but the full documentation is at http://grails-plugins.github.com/grails-heroku/ and it includes both a simple and a more advanced tutorial demonstrating the steps involved in deploying an application.

Feedback, suggestions for improvement and contributions are always welcome. Please report any bugs or feature requests on the user list or in JIRA at http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/GPHEROKU.

Re: ANN: Heroku plugin released

Graeme Rocher
Administrator
We don't see it like that, after all Cloud Foundry supports Ruby on Rails.

It is important for Grails to be deployable to as many Cloud platforms
as possible.

Cheers

On Fri, Dec 16, 2011 at 10:51 AM, John Fletcher <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Thanks, great for us, isn't that like supporting the competition of your
> employer's products (CloudFoundry)?
>
> John
> 2011/12/15 Burt Beckwith <[hidden email]>
>>
>> I've released version 1.0 of the Heroku plugin. The plugin makes it easy
>> to deploy Grails applications to Heroku ( http://www.heroku.com/ ). It works
>> with Grails 1.3.3 and above, although Heroku currently only works with 1.3.7
>> and 2.0 or higher.
>>
>> This is an official Grails plugin, so the code is hosted at
>> https://github.com/grails-plugins/grails-heroku/
>>
>> The standard wiki page is http://grails.org/plugin/heroku but the full
>> documentation is at http://grails-plugins.github.com/grails-heroku/ and it
>> includes both a simple and a more advanced tutorial demonstrating the steps
>> involved in deploying an application.
>>
>> Feedback, suggestions for improvement and contributions are always
>> welcome. Please report any bugs or feature requests on the user list or in
>> JIRA at http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/GPHEROKU.
>>
>> Burt

http://www.springsource.com

Re: ANN: Heroku plugin released

GavinHogan2
This is really great - just started working with it tonight and I am very happy to report that I was able to add this to my existing app which I have been deploying to CloudFoundry and it worked perfectly at heroku.

Amazing stuff.

Re: ANN: Heroku plugin released

John Fletcher-3
Cool. I like the approach and ultimately it's right, nice to know you're given that kind of autonomy.

John

http://www.springsource.com