ANN: Old Grails plugin repository now read-only

ANN: Old Grails plugin repository now read-only

Graeme Rocher
Administrator
Hi all,

The old SVN-based Grails plugin repository is now read-only and no new
plugin releases are allowed to it.

If you are a plugin developer, now is the time to migrate to the new repository:

http://grails.github.com/grails-howtos/en/migrateToTheNewCentralRepository.html

If you are a user, if you want plugin updates now is the time to add:

grailsRepo "http://grails.org/plugins"

To your applications' BuildConfig.groovy.

Shortly we will be switching the DNS entry:

http://plugins.grails.org/

To point to the new repository. When this happens Grails versions
1.3.8 and above will automatically no longer resolve against the old
repository and use exclusively the new one.

If you are using an older version of Grails you will need to upgrade.
Or if you are using a version of 1.3.x you can add

grailsRepo "http://grails.org/plugins"

To your BuildConfig.groovy

Let us know if you have any questions

http://www.springsource.com

Re: ANN: Old Grails plugin repository now read-only

Andrew Todd
On Thu, Apr 12, 2012 at 6:15 AM, Graeme Rocher <[hidden email]> wrote:
> grailsRepo "http://grails.org/plugins"

This is good news, but shouldn't http://grails.org/plugins/ be
pointing to an Artifactory repository, or am I missing something?
Thanks.

On Thu, Apr 12, 2012 at 9:22 PM, Andrew Todd <[hidden email]> wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 12, 2012 at 6:15 AM, Graeme Rocher <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> grailsRepo "http://grails.org/plugins"
>
> This is good news, but shouldn't http://grails.org/plugins/ be
> pointing to an Artifactory repository, or am I missing something?
> Thanks.

http://grails.org/plugins is the Grails plugin portal, it rewrites the
patterns used by earlier versions of Grails onto artifactory
transparently. The actual repository is at

http://repo.grails.org/grails/plugins/

Hence you could use use:

mavenRepo "http://repo.grails.org/grails/plugins/"

However using:

grailsRepo "http://grails.org/plugins"

Means that list-plugins, plugin-info and other commands that required
the old repository format will continue to work

On Fri, Apr 13, 2012 at 2:56 AM, Graeme Rocher <[hidden email]> wrote:
> http://grails.org/plugins is the Grails plugin portal, it rewrites the
> patterns used by earlier versions of Grails onto artifactory
> transparently. The actual repository is at
>
> http://repo.grails.org/grails/plugins/

Thanks -- this should help me set up a local mirror.