[ANN] Spock 0.7 Released

Peter Niederwieser
Dear Grails Community,

I'm pleased to announce that Spock 0.7 has been released. As usual, it is available from Maven Central (http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/spockframework).

All Spock 0.7 Jars come in two variants: `-groovy-1.8` for Groovy 1.8.x, and `-groovy-2.0` for Groovy 2.x. Please make sure to use the variant that's right for you. If you aren't tied to a particular Groovy version, we recommend that you use the Groovy 2.x variant.

The highlights of this release are:

 * New reference documentation
 * Much improved stubbing and mocking
 * Official Groovy 2.x support

See http://docs.spockframework.org/en/spock-0.7-groovy-2.0/new_and_noteworthy.html#id1 for detailed information on all new features.

An updated Grails plugin will follow within the next few days at the usual place (http://grails.org/plugin/spock).

We would love to get your feedback on this release. If you have anything to say, please reach out to us on http://forum.spockframework.org. In particular, we would like to hear how the new Groovy mocking features work out for our Grails users.

One more thing: The next release is going to be 1.0! The highest priority for 1.0 is to complete the reference documentation.

Cheers,
Peter

Re: [ANN] Spock 0.7 Released

Chanwit Kaewkasi
This is great! Thank you for the release.

Best regards,

-chanwit

--
Chanwit Kaewkasi
code.google.com/p/zkgrails

On Tue, Oct 9, 2012 at 11:17 AM, Peter Niederwieser <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Dear Grails Community,
>
> I'm pleased to announce that Spock 0.7 has been released. As usual, it is
> available from Maven Central
> (http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/spockframework).
>
> All Spock 0.7 Jars come in two variants: `-groovy-1.8` for Groovy 1.8.x, and
> `-groovy-2.0` for Groovy 2.x. Please make sure to use the variant that's
> right for you. If you aren't tied to a particular Groovy version, we
> recommend that you use the Groovy 2.x variant.
>
> The highlights of this release are:
>
>  * New reference documentation
>  * Much improved stubbing and mocking
>  * Official Groovy 2.x support
>
> See
> http://docs.spockframework.org/en/spock-0.7-groovy-2.0/new_and_noteworthy.html#id1
> for detailed information on all new features.
>
> An updated Grails plugin will follow within the next few days at the usual
> place (http://grails.org/plugin/spock).
>
> We would love to get your feedback on this release. If you have anything to
> say, please reach out to us on http://forum.spockframework.org. In
> particular, we would like to hear how the new Groovy mocking features work
> out for our Grails users.
>
> One more thing: The next release is going to be 1.0! The highest priority
> for 1.0 is to complete the reference documentation.
>
> Cheers,
> Peter

Re: [ANN] Spock 0.7 Released

bksaville
Awesome!  I've been really looking forward to this release.  Any ETA on the grails plugin release?

-Brian