Quantcast

ANN: Spring Security Core Plugin 1.1 released

ANN: Spring Security Core Plugin 1.1 released

burtbeckwith
I've released version 1.1 of the Spring Security Core plugin. This is primarily a bug-fix release but it also adds some new features.

The release notes with the issues for this release are at http://jira.codehaus.org/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=11450&version=16682

The plugin code is hosted at http://github.com/grails-plugins/grails-spring-security-core and the standard wiki page is http://grails.org/plugin/spring-security-core but there is extensive documentation (including a 70-page PDF) at http://burtbeckwith.github.com/grails-spring-security-core/

Feedback, suggestions for improvement and contributions are always welcome. Please report any bugs or feature requests on the user list or in JIRA at http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/GRAILSPLUGINS under the 'Grails-Spring-Security-Core' component.

Re: ANN: Spring Security Core Plugin 1.1 released

burtbeckwith
It's fully backwards-compatible, so just uninstall the old one and install the new one to upgrade.

Burt

> Is it compatible with any previous version and how do I upgrade a plugin
> that uses the previous version?
>
> Thanks
>
> Fred
>
> On Mon, Jan 17, 2011 at 10:21, Burt Beckwith <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > I've released version 1.1 of the Spring Security Core plugin. This is
> > primarily a bug-fix release but it also adds some new features.
> >
> > The release notes with the issues for this release are at
> > http://jira.codehaus.org/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=11450&version=16682
> >
> > The plugin code is hosted at
> > http://github.com/grails-plugins/grails-spring-security-core and the
> > standard wiki page is http://grails.org/plugin/spring-security-core but
> > there is extensive documentation (including a 70-page PDF) at
> > http://burtbeckwith.github.com/grails-spring-security-core/
> >
> > Feedback, suggestions for improvement and contributions are always welcome.
> > Please report any bugs or feature requests on the user list or in JIRA at
> > http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/GRAILSPLUGINS under the
> > 'Grails-Spring-Security-Core' component.
> >
> > Burt

> >    http://xircles.codehaus.org/manage_email

Re: ANN: Spring Security Core Plugin 1.1 released

Fred Janon
I can't open or download the pdf document.

Fred

On Mon, Jan 17, 2011 at 11:50, Burt Beckwith <[hidden email]> wrote:
It's fully backwards-compatible, so just uninstall the old one and install the new one to upgrade.

Burt

> Is it compatible with any previous version and how do I upgrade a plugin
> that uses the previous version?
>
> Thanks
>
> Fred
>
> On Mon, Jan 17, 2011 at 10:21, Burt Beckwith <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > I've released version 1.1 of the Spring Security Core plugin. This is
> > primarily a bug-fix release but it also adds some new features.
> >
> > The release notes with the issues for this release are at
> > http://jira.codehaus.org/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=11450&version=16682
> >
> > The plugin code is hosted at
> > http://github.com/grails-plugins/grails-spring-security-core and the
> > standard wiki page is http://grails.org/plugin/spring-security-core but
> > there is extensive documentation (including a 70-page PDF) at
> > http://burtbeckwith.github.com/grails-spring-security-core/
> >
> > Feedback, suggestions for improvement and contributions are always welcome.
> > Please report any bugs or feature requests on the user list or in JIRA at
> > http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/GRAILSPLUGINS under the
> > 'Grails-Spring-Security-Core' component.
> >
> > Burt

> >    http://xircles.codehaus.org/manage_email

Re: ANN: Spring Security Core Plugin 1.1 released

Fred Janon
Working now. Must have caught github at a wrong time.

On Mon, Jan 17, 2011 at 18:05, Fred Janon <[hidden email]> wrote:
I can't open or download the pdf document.
Fred

On Mon, Jan 17, 2011 at 11:50, Burt Beckwith <[hidden email]> wrote:
It's fully backwards-compatible, so just uninstall the old one and install the new one to upgrade.

Burt

> Is it compatible with any previous version and how do I upgrade a plugin
> that uses the previous version?
>
> Thanks
>
> Fred
>
> On Mon, Jan 17, 2011 at 10:21, Burt Beckwith <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > I've released version 1.1 of the Spring Security Core plugin. This is
> > primarily a bug-fix release but it also adds some new features.
> >
> > The release notes with the issues for this release are at
> > http://jira.codehaus.org/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=11450&version=16682
> >
> > The plugin code is hosted at
> > http://github.com/grails-plugins/grails-spring-security-core and the
> > standard wiki page is http://grails.org/plugin/spring-security-core but
> > there is extensive documentation (including a 70-page PDF) at
> > http://burtbeckwith.github.com/grails-spring-security-core/
> >
> > Feedback, suggestions for improvement and contributions are always welcome.
> > Please report any bugs or feature requests on the user list or in JIRA at
> > http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/GRAILSPLUGINS under the
> > 'Grails-Spring-Security-Core' component.
> >
> > Burt

> >    http://xircles.codehaus.org/manage_email

Re: ANN: Spring Security Core Plugin 1.1 released

Fred Janon
I am trying to update the user's roles with a form and a multiple select with the role ids, so the admin can add/remove any role to/from the users. I remove all the roles first and then add all the ones in the params.rolesids. It would be probably easier if there was a couple more utility methods to do so:

addAllRolesIds(String ids) // "2, 3, 5, 10"
addAllRoles(String rolenames) // "ROLE_1, ROLE_4"
addAllRoles(list of ids (long or int) [2,3.5,10]
addAllRoles(list of Roles)

We could skip the removeAllRoles steps if we add the same methods with setAllRoles instead of addRoles. I think that would actually be better, can't see a use case where I would add roles more than just set all of them.

What do you think?

Thanks

Fred

On Mon, Jan 17, 2011 at 18:17, Fred Janon <[hidden email]> wrote:
Working now. Must have caught github at a wrong time.

On Mon, Jan 17, 2011 at 18:05, Fred Janon <[hidden email]> wrote:
I can't open or download the pdf document.
Fred

On Mon, Jan 17, 2011 at 11:50, Burt Beckwith <[hidden email]> wrote:
It's fully backwards-compatible, so just uninstall the old one and install the new one to upgrade.

Burt

> Is it compatible with any previous version and how do I upgrade a plugin
> that uses the previous version?
>
> Thanks
>
> Fred
>
> On Mon, Jan 17, 2011 at 10:21, Burt Beckwith <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > I've released version 1.1 of the Spring Security Core plugin. This is
> > primarily a bug-fix release but it also adds some new features.
> >
> > The release notes with the issues for this release are at
> > http://jira.codehaus.org/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=11450&version=16682
> >
> > The plugin code is hosted at
> > http://github.com/grails-plugins/grails-spring-security-core and the
> > standard wiki page is http://grails.org/plugin/spring-security-core but
> > there is extensive documentation (including a 70-page PDF) at
> > http://burtbeckwith.github.com/grails-spring-security-core/
> >
> > Feedback, suggestions for improvement and contributions are always welcome.
> > Please report any bugs or feature requests on the user list or in JIRA at
> > http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/GRAILSPLUGINS under the
> > 'Grails-Spring-Security-Core' component.
> >
> > Burt

> >    http://xircles.codehaus.org/manage_email

Re: ANN: Spring Security Core Plugin 1.1 released

redheat
Burt,
as a suggestion for the next version I would like to request a full set of default CRUD controllers - much like with the old acegi to make it complete to start with.
Dont get me wrong, your UI plugin is great but for me I dont like to introduce its dependencies.
Thx.