Quantcast

ANN: Spring Security OpenID Plugin 0.1 released

ANN: Spring Security OpenID Plugin 0.1 released

burtbeckwith
I've released the Spring Security OpenID plugin. It depends on the Spring Security Core plugin and adds OpenID support, including user registration and account linking. Like the core plugin, this only works with Grails 1.2.2 and above.

This is an official Grails plugin, so the code is hosted at http://github.com/grails-plugins/grails-spring-security-openid

The standard wiki page is http://grails.org/plugin/spring-security-openid but there is documentation at http://burtbeckwith.github.com/grails-spring-security-openid/

Feedback, suggestions for improvement and contributions are always welcome. Please report any bugs or feature requests on the user list or in JIRA at http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/GRAILSPLUGINS under the 'Grails-Spring-Security-OpenID' component.

Re: ANN: Spring Security OpenID Plugin 0.1 released

smaldini
Congrats Burt, and you ran so fast after the core plugin release, double congrats !

On Tue, May 4, 2010 at 6:15 PM, Burt Beckwith <[hidden email]> wrote:
I've released the Spring Security OpenID plugin. It depends on the Spring Security Core plugin and adds OpenID support, including user registration and account linking. Like the core plugin, this only works with Grails 1.2.2 and above.

This is an official Grails plugin, so the code is hosted at http://github.com/grails-plugins/grails-spring-security-openid

The standard wiki page is http://grails.org/plugin/spring-security-openid but there is documentation at http://burtbeckwith.github.com/grails-spring-security-openid/

Feedback, suggestions for improvement and contributions are always welcome. Please report any bugs or feature requests on the user list or in JIRA at http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/GRAILSPLUGINS under the 'Grails-Spring-Security-OpenID' component.

Stéphane MALDINI
doc4web consultant
http://fr.linkedin.com/in/smaldini

Re: ANN: Spring Security OpenID Plugin 0.1 released

Edvinas Bartkus-2
Awesome! Great to see the progress of Spring Security Core plugin. Thanks!

However, had one issue running spring-security-openid out of the box:
Bad createAccountUri value in DefaultOpenIdSecurityConfig.groovy.groovy:
http://github.com/edvinasbartkus/grails-spring-security-openid/commit/7a1d81eba95e3cb1e13c7e53c4c2f1beac4798b9

Edvinas

On Tue, May 4, 2010 at 7:19 PM, Stephane Maldini
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Congrats Burt, and you ran so fast after the core plugin release, double
> congrats !
>
> On Tue, May 4, 2010 at 6:15 PM, Burt Beckwith <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> I've released the Spring Security OpenID plugin. It depends on the Spring
>> Security Core plugin and adds OpenID support, including user registration
>> and account linking. Like the core plugin, this only works with Grails 1.2.2
>> and above.
>>
>> This is an official Grails plugin, so the code is hosted at
>> http://github.com/grails-plugins/grails-spring-security-openid
>>
>> The standard wiki page is http://grails.org/plugin/spring-security-openid
>> but there is documentation at
>> http://burtbeckwith.github.com/grails-spring-security-openid/
>>
>> Feedback, suggestions for improvement and contributions are always
>> welcome. Please report any bugs or feature requests on the user list or in
>> JIRA at http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/GRAILSPLUGINS under the
>> 'Grails-Spring-Security-OpenID' component.
>>
>> Burt

> Stéphane MALDINI
> doc4web consultant
> http://fr.linkedin.com/in/smaldini

Re: ANN: Spring Security OpenID Plugin 0.1 released

burtbeckwith
The tutorial in the docs recommends that you add a URL mapping for that. It's optional, but you definitely want the URL mapping that replaces the default /login/auth with the OpenID auth page. Alternately you can just set the configuration attribute openid.registration.createAccountUri to '/openId/createAccount' or whatever you want.

See the docs at http://burtbeckwith.github.com/grails-spring-security-openid/docs/manual/index.html

Burt

> Awesome! Great to see the progress of Spring Security Core plugin. Thanks!
>
> However, had one issue running spring-security-openid out of the box:
> Bad createAccountUri value in DefaultOpenIdSecurityConfig.groovy.groovy:
> http://github.com/edvinasbartkus/grails-spring-security-openid/commit/7a1d81eba95e3cb1e13c7e53c4c2f1beac4798b9
>
> Edvinas
>
> On Tue, May 4, 2010 at 7:19 PM, Stephane Maldini
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Congrats Burt, and you ran so fast after the core plugin release, double
> > congrats !
> >
> > On Tue, May 4, 2010 at 6:15 PM, Burt Beckwith <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >>
> >> I've released the Spring Security OpenID plugin. It depends on the Spring
> >> Security Core plugin and adds OpenID support, including user registration
> >> and account linking. Like the core plugin, this only works with Grails 1.2.2
> >> and above.
> >>
> >> This is an official Grails plugin, so the code is hosted at
> >> http://github.com/grails-plugins/grails-spring-security-openid
> >>
> >> The standard wiki page is http://grails.org/plugin/spring-security-openid
> >> but there is documentation at
> >> http://burtbeckwith.github.com/grails-spring-security-openid/
> >>
> >> Feedback, suggestions for improvement and contributions are always
> >> welcome. Please report any bugs or feature requests on the user list or in
> >> JIRA at http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/GRAILSPLUGINS under the
> >> 'Grails-Spring-Security-OpenID' component.
> >>
> >> Burt

> >>    http://xircles.codehaus.org/manage_email
> >>

> > --
> > Stéphane MALDINI
> > doc4web consultant
> > [hidden email]
> > --
> > http://fr.linkedin.com/in/smaldini

Re: ANN: Spring Security OpenID Plugin 0.1 released

Edvinas Bartkus-2
What if grails.plugins.springsecurity.openid.registration.createAccountUri
value could be accepted either String (as it's now) or Map with
controller and action keys? Then it would be independent from mapping
configuration and could work out of the box without any optional
configuration. Would it make sense?

Pardon for my pettiness. I believe those spring-security-* will be the
most popular and it already rocks!:)

Cheers,
Edvinas