Any way to debug 2.3.RC2 app from Intellij Cardea?

Any way to debug 2.3.RC2 app from Intellij Cardea?

Tom Bray
I can hit breakpoints in a 2.2.4 grails app from Cardea, but not in a 2.3.RC2 app. I tried doing a remote debug session as well. The app says it's Listening for transport dt_socket and my remote debug session connects, but breakpoints don't get hit.

Any ideas why this isn't working?

Thanks,

Tom

Re: Any way to debug 2.3.RC2 app from Intellij Cardea?

Tom Bray
Looks like it has to do with fork settings in BuildConfig. I set test:false, run:false and can now debug from IDE.

-Tom

On Aug 30, 2013, at 10:06 AM, Tom Bray <[hidden email]>
 wrote:

> I can hit breakpoints in a 2.2.4 grails app from Cardea, but not in a 2.3.RC2 app. I tried doing a remote debug session as well. The app says it's Listening for transport dt_socket and my remote debug session connects, but breakpoints don't get hit.
>
> Any ideas why this isn't working?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Tom

Re: Any way to debug 2.3.RC2 app from Intellij Cardea?

Graeme Rocher-2
You can use

grails run-app --debug-fork

On Aug 30, 2013, at 10:06 AM, Tom Bray <<a href="javascript:;" onclick="_e(event, &#39;cvml&#39;, &#39;Tom.Bray@tollfreeforwarding.com&#39;)">Tom.Bray@...>
 wrote:

> I can hit breakpoints in a 2.2.4 grails app from Cardea, but not in a 2.3.RC2 app. I tried doing a remote debug session as well. The app says it's Listening for transport dt_socket and my remote debug session connects, but breakpoints don't get hit.
>
> Any ideas why this isn't working?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Tom

SpringSource

Re: Any way to debug 2.3.RC2 app from Intellij Cardea?

Kimble
That doesn't work for me. Running grails run-app --debug-fork under grails 2.3.1 results in the following error message:

 - Kim A. Betti
Have a nice day!

Re: Any way to debug 2.3.RC2 app from Intellij Cardea?

Graeme Rocher-2
Works fine for me, please post your BuildConfig.groovy in a JIRA issue

On Tue, Nov 5, 2013 at 6:39 AM, Kimble <[hidden email]> wrote:
That doesn't work for me. Running grails run-app --debug-fork under grails
2.3.1 results in the following error message:

| Error There was an error loading the BuildConfig: No such property: debug
for class: java.lang.Boolean (Use --stacktrace to see the full trace)

-----
 - Kim A. Betti
Have a nice day!

SpringSource

Re: Any way to debug 2.3.RC2 app from Intellij Cardea?

Dean Del Ponte-2
I've submitted a JIRA for this issue:  http://jira.grails.org/browse/GRAILS-10916

The problem is reproducible if the test environment is set to false.

To reproduce, modify the project.fork section of your BuildConfig.groovy to look like:

grails.project.fork = [
    // configure settings for compilation JVM, note that if you alter the Groovy version forked compilation is required
    //  compile: [maxMemory: 256, minMemory: 64, debug: false, maxPerm: 256, daemon:true],

    // configure settings for the test-app JVM, uses the daemon by default
    test: false,
    // configure settings for the run-app JVM
    run: [maxMemory: 768, minMemory: 64, debug: false, maxPerm: 256, forkReserve:false],
    // configure settings for the run-war JVM
    war: [maxMemory: 768, minMemory: 64, debug: false, maxPerm: 256, forkReserve:false],
    // configure settings for the Console UI JVM
    console: [maxMemory: 768, minMemory: 64, debug: false, maxPerm: 256]
]

At the command line run "grails run-app --debug-fork"

This results in the error:  Error There was an error loading the BuildConfig: No such property: debug for class: java.lang.Boolean (Use --stacktrace to see the full trace)

Just running "grails run-app" executes as expected.

- Dean Del Ponte