Anyone receiving warnings from the mail list?

Anyone receiving warnings from the mail list?

sergiomichels
From time to time I receive emails like: "Messages to you from the user mailing list seem to
have been bouncing."

Is just me?

Sérgio Michels

Re: Anyone receiving warnings from the mail list?

David
Nope, me too.

David Tiselius, Web developer
HD Nya Medier
+46702844684

On Wednesday 23 October 2013 at 12:27, Sergio Michels wrote:

> From time to time I receive emails like: "Messages to you from the user mailing list seem to
> have been bouncing."
>
> Is just me?
>
> --
> Sérgio Michels

Re: Anyone receiving warnings from the mail list?

John Moore
I get those from time to time. I've had lots of problems with the mailing list over the last couple of years, such that I cannot reliably receive or post messages via email at all, despite unsubscribing and resubscribing a couple of times. Nowadays I do any posting via Nabble.

Re: Anyone receiving warnings from the mail list?

Andréas Kühne
Me too!

2013/10/23 David Tiselius <[hidden email]>
Nope, me too.

David Tiselius, Web developer
HD Nya Medier

On Wednesday 23 October 2013 at 12:27, Sergio Michels wrote:

> From time to time I receive emails like: "Messages to you from the user mailing list seem to
> have been bouncing."
>
> Is just me?
>
> --
> Sérgio Michels

Re: Anyone receiving warnings from the mail list?

enrico
Me too,
using gmail account.

enrico

Re: Anyone receiving warnings from the mail list?

Jean-Louis Jouannic

Same here. I use yahoo mail. There was an error code in the “bouncing” message (554 5.7.9). It led me to this Yahoo Help page

JL

2013/10/23 enrico <[hidden email]>
Me too,
using gmail account.

enrico

Edo

Re: Anyone receiving warnings from the mail list?

geezenslaw
Do a host or dig on the message header ip and certify if from google
then use this:

https://accounts.google.com/ServiceLogin?service=sitemaps&passive=1209600&continue=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com%2Fwebmasters%2Ftools%2Fspamreport&followup=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com%2Fwebmasters%2Ftools%2Fspamreport

works for me.

On 10/23/2013 08:05 AM, Giovanni Martina wrote:

> I've been getting these from time to time, on a google apps account
>

> On Wed, Oct 23, 2013 at 2:35 PM, Edo
> <[hidden email]>wrote:
>
>>   /
>>

>> On Wed, Oct 23, 2013 at 7:02 AM, Jean-Louis Jouannic <
>> [hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> Same here. I use yahoo mail. There was an error code in the “bouncing”
>>> message (554 5.7.9). It led me to this Yahoo Help page<http://help.yahoo.com/kb/index?y=PROD&page=content&id=SLN7253&actp=search&viewlocale=en_US&searchid=1382529493304&locale=en_US&y=>
>>>
>>> JL

Re: Anyone receiving warnings from the mail list?

Ivan Arrizabalaga Getino
Me too! Any solution?

_____________________________________

  /

[hidden email]> wrote:

Same here. I use yahoo mail. There was an error code in the “bouncing”
message (554 5.7.9). It led me to this Yahoo Help page<http://help.yahoo.com/kb/index?y=PROD&page=content&id=SLN7253&actp=search&viewlocale=en_US&searchid=1382529493304&locale=en_US&y=>

JL

2013/10/23 enrico <[hidden email]>

Me too,
using gmail account.

enrico

Re: Anyone receiving warnings from the mail list?

Dean Del Ponte-2
I get them from time to time and just ignore them.

I haven't seen any negative effect.

- Dean Del Ponte

On Wed, Oct 23, 2013 at 8:49 AM, Ivan Arrizabalaga Getino <[hidden email]> wrote:
Me too! Any solution?

_____________________________________

  /

[hidden email]> wrote:

Same here. I use yahoo mail. There was an error code in the “bouncing”
message (554 5.7.9). It led me to this Yahoo Help page<http://help.yahoo.com/kb/index?y=PROD&page=content&id=SLN7253&actp=search&viewlocale=en_US&searchid=1382529493304&locale=en_US&y=>

JL

2013/10/23 enrico <[hidden email]>

Me too,
using gmail account.

enrico

Re: Anyone receiving warnings from the mail list?

alxndrsn
On 23 October 2013 17:53, Dean Del Ponte <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I get them from time to time and just ignore them.
>
> I haven't seen any negative effect.

I get them too.  I also seem to get few or no replies to a fair number
of questions I ask.  I'm not sure if these facts are related.

@Alex I think it's not related. Since Grails have a lot of plugins, your question may have attention of an specific audience. I still miss a feature in gmail to look only at emails without reply.

--
Sérgio Michels

On Thu, Oct 24, 2013 at 5:48 AM, Alex Anderson <[hidden email]> wrote:
On 23 October 2013 17:53, Dean Del Ponte <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I get them from time to time and just ignore them.
>
> I haven't seen any negative effect.

I get them too.  I also seem to get few or no replies to a fair number
of questions I ask.  I'm not sure if these facts are related.

Re: Anyone receiving warnings from the mail list?

graham

and I converted to only getting the daily mailing list digests to an operamail.com address and they have all arrived without issue as far as I can see. I suspect you still have to join the mailing list properly but can do all the other interactions (read, reply, post) from nabble and I've done that for years (and then set to only receive the daily digests)

graham

Re: Anyone receiving warnings from the mail list?

Wayne Fay
I have gotten this and actually looked into it. I think that I know what's going on in at least some cases.

People sometimes email this list from domains like chase.com, ebay.com, bankofamerica.com. These domains are commonly used as the email "from" for scammers attempting to phish people into providing their account details etc. As such, those domains have things set up to help Gmail and others identify illegitimate uses of their domain.

And yet it seems things are poorly configured by those domains/companies because the people on this list who are sending from those domains are just regular employees (or contractors perhaps?) of those firms here to talk about Grails and not scammers trying to phish people. Gmail et al sees those emails as "probable spam" and rejects the delivery of the email via a bounce.

Look up the following terms at Wikipedia for more info:
Domain Keys
Sender Policy Framework

Wayne

  /

[hidden email]> wrote:

Same here. I use yahoo mail. There was an error code in the “bouncing”
message (554 5.7.9). It led me to this Yahoo Help page<http://help.yahoo.com/kb/index?y=PROD&page=content&id=SLN7253&actp=search&viewlocale=en_US&searchid=1382529493304&locale=en_US&y=>

JL

2013/10/23 enrico <[hidden email]>

Me too,
using gmail account.

enrico

Re: Anyone receiving warnings from the mail list?

Wayne Fay
If you actually read the bounce email you get from the mailer daemon, you'll see this at the bottom which confirms what I said...

Date: 11 Oct 2013 16:19:51 -0000
From: [hidden email]
To: [hidden email]
Subject: failure notice

Hi. This is the qmail-send program at mail.codehaus.org.

74.125.142.27 failed after I sent the message.
Remote host said: 550-5.7.1 Unauthenticated email from jpmchase.com is not accepted due to
550-5.7.1 domain's DMARC policy. Please contact administrator of jpmchase.com
550-5.7.1 domain if this was a legitimate mail. Please visit
550-5.7.1  http://support.google.com/mail/answer/2451690 to learn about DMARC
550 5.7.1 initiative. nv2si52059icc.85 - gsmtp

I think it is reasonable to ask how these people on the Grails list are sending from domains like jpmchase.com without complying with the domain's DMARC policy and perhaps ask them to participate in the list using Gmail et al instead, but that is another topic entirely.

Wayne

  /