Anyone using AgilityJS with Grails ?

graham
I've been looking at JS toolkits/frameworks following an earlier enquiry of mine and one that came up and looks quite interesting is Agility (agilityjs.com).

Has anyone used it with Grails ?

I was looking to use something fairly lightweight to facilitate a sort-of single page app approach for the Grails application I'm building.

thanks

graham

Re: Anyone using AgilityJS with Grails ?

Nathan Wells
Well, I've got a fair bit of experience with single-page apps. From only looking at the documentation, I'd be concerned how the solution would perform at scale.

My suggestion would be to look into backbone, possibly with the marionette plugin. Backbone is extremely lightweight, as MVC frameworks go.

If you can tolerate something a little more "framework" and less "toolkit", I would take a look at angular.js, Dojo toolkit, or other similar "opinionated" frameworks. Less flexible, yes, but far less complication for you and your dev team. (and you have a team of developers, yes? otherwise, a single-page app is insane)

Also, have you looked into pjax? Never tried it, myself, but it looks interesting.

Nathan Wells

On Wed, Nov 21, 2012 at 6:56 AM, graham <[hidden email]> wrote:
I've been looking at JS toolkits/frameworks following an earlier enquiry of
mine and one that came up and looks quite interesting is Agility
(agilityjs.com).

Has anyone used it with Grails ?

I was looking to use something fairly lightweight to facilitate a sort-of
single page app approach for the Grails application I'm building.

thanks

graham

Re: Anyone using AgilityJS with Grails ?

graham
Thanks for the reply.

You say:
Nathan Wells wrote
 I'd be concerned how the solution would perform at scale.
Can you elucidate, please ?

I did say "sort-of" and this is not a true single page application but I want to use that sort of approach to handle one to many type situations where the user's view can be built up from several classes. I have had a look at a number of toolkits etc. and most do seem to be unnecessarily complicated or add impositions that don't really offer the development much benefit.

graham

Re: Anyone using AgilityJS with Grails ?

Nathan Wells

My scale concerns are chiefly about managing complexity as your client side codebase grows. However, given your latest comments, I'm no longer sure this applies to you.

In any case, I wouldn't recommend Agility, since it seems like it solves a problem you don't have. Not only that, but there are better, more popular tools available.

On Nov 25, 2012 9:07 AM, "graham" <[hidden email]> wrote:
Thanks for the reply.

You say:
Nathan Wells wrote