Approval process through publish-plugin

Predrag Knezevic
  Hi,

  Have you thought about triggering the approval process through
publish-plugin command? The data needed for the form could be filled
up automatically and the plugin could get the status 'pending'. Or at
least to inform user that he needs to fill up some form available at
the given link?

  Best,

Predrag

Re: Approval process through publish-plugin

burtbeckwith
That's too late in a lot of cases, e.g. if someone creates a plugin that is very similar to one that already exists, or in the case where the plugin is poorly implemented and not ready for publishing.

Burt

Predrag Knezevic wrote

Predrag

Re: Approval process through publish-plugin

Predrag Knezevic
> That's too late in a lot of cases, e.g. if someone creates a plugin that is
> very similar to one that already exists, or in the case where the plugin is
> poorly implemented and not ready for publishing.

  I am not sure if we have understood each other - I thought about
scenario when a developer issues 'grails publish-plugin' command. At
the moment, he gets 'permission denied' message, and I think that this
could be improved at least by displaying him the plugin submission
link. Furthermore, 'publish-plugin' command could even fill up this
form on behalf of the developer - we have all relevant data (name,
scm, description). After that, the plugin enters into the standard
approval procedure.

Predrag

Re: Approval process through publish-plugin

burtbeckwith
It sounds like you're suggesting that a developer would misuse the publish-plugin command earlier in development than at the actual plugin publishing stage, as a convenience to get the approval process working. If you want a more automated process to create a submission from plugin metadata we could look into that, but it would require a new script.

Burt

Predrag Knezevic wrote