Best Groovy on Grails Books Online

damenlon
A list of best Groovy and Grails books - online
 http://groovyongrails.webs.com/apps/links/

Re: Best Groovy on Grails Books Online

Fred Janon
SPAM

On Wed, Aug 5, 2009 at 09:33, damenlon <[hidden email]> wrote:

A list of best Groovy and Grails books - online
 http://groovyongrails.webs.com/apps/links/
http://groovyongrails.webs.com/apps/links/

Re: Best Groovy on Grails Books Online

damenlon
This is not a SPAM.

I spend many hours to write up examples and collect useful information for sharing and nobody paid me.

What I asked for is clicking on the link from Goolge. Yesterday I earned nothing because nobody clicked the Google link so I decided to put a block box to remind visitors to support my website.

This is a new site, and I wish to get some support if the visitors think the content is useful.

Fred Janon wrote
SPAM

On Wed, Aug 5, 2009 at 09:33, damenlon <gwofu@yahoo.com> wrote:

> A list of best Groovy and Grails books - online
>  http://groovyongrails.webs.com/apps/links/
> http://groovyongrails.webs.com/apps/links/

Re: Best Groovy on Grails Books Online

burtbeckwith
Could you at least refrain from using the phrase "Groovy on Grails"? It makes no sense. In 2006 the framework was Groovy on Rails but after complaints it was changed to Grails.

Burt

On Wednesday 05 August 2009 2:19:07 pm damenlon wrote:

> This is not a SPAM.
>
> I spend many hours to write up examples and collect useful information for
> sharing and nobody paid me.
>
> What I asked for is clicking on the link from Goolge. Yesterday I earned
> nothing because nobody clicked the Google link so I decided to put a block
> box to remind visitors to support my website.
>
> This is a new site, and I wish to get some support if the visitors think the
> content is useful.
>

> Fred Janon wrote:
> >
> > SPAM
> >
> > On Wed, Aug 5, 2009 at 09:33, damenlon <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >

> >> A list of best Groovy and Grails books - online
> >>  http://groovyongrails.webs.com/apps/links/
> >> http://groovyongrails.webs.com/apps/links/
> >> --
> >>
> >>    http://xircles.codehaus.org/manage_email

Re: Best Groovy on Grails Books Online

Dave Klein-2
Yes, Burt is right, the whole GoG thing needs to go away.  It makes it look like we're trying to steal some attention from RoR.  Try "Groovy and Grails" or "Groovy/Grails" or (my favorite) "G3"  (Groovy/Grails/Griffon)

For future reference: a little bit more of an introduction in your email might have made it look less like SPAM.

Dave

On Wed, Aug 5, 2009 at 1:26 PM, Burt Beckwith <[hidden email]> wrote:
Could you at least refrain from using the phrase "Groovy on Grails"? It makes no sense. In 2006 the framework was Groovy on Rails but after complaints it was changed to Grails.

Burt

On Wednesday 05 August 2009 2:19:07 pm damenlon wrote:

> This is not a SPAM.
>
> I spend many hours to write up examples and collect useful information for
> sharing and nobody paid me.
>
> What I asked for is clicking on the link from Goolge. Yesterday I earned
> nothing because nobody clicked the Google link so I decided to put a block
> box to remind visitors to support my website.
>
> This is a new site, and I wish to get some support if the visitors think the
> content is useful.
>

> Fred Janon wrote:
> >
> > SPAM
> >
> > On Wed, Aug 5, 2009 at 09:33, damenlon <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >

> >> A list of best Groovy and Grails books - online
> >>  http://groovyongrails.webs.com/apps/links/
> >> http://groovyongrails.webs.com/apps/links/
> >> --
> >>
> >>    http://xircles.codehaus.org/manage_email

Author of Grails: A Quick-Start Guide
http://pragprog.com/titles/dkgrails
--------
Contegix
Beyond Managed Hosting(r) for Your Enterprise
Favorite Linux-Friendly Hosting Company - Linux Journal
www.contegix.com/linuxjournal

Re: Best Groovy on Grails Books Online

tomas lin
Not to mention that there is a comprehensive list here http://grails.org/Books

( Well, as comprehensive as published ones - I think a link to GQuick
and the Grails internal book or Flex on Grails might be nice )

On Wed, Aug 5, 2009 at 7:43 PM, Dave
Klein<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Yes, Burt is right, the whole GoG thing needs to go away.  It makes it look
> like we're trying to steal some attention from RoR.  Try "Groovy and Grails"
> or "Groovy/Grails" or (my favorite) "G3"  (Groovy/Grails/Griffon)
> For future reference: a little bit more of an introduction in your email
> might have made it look less like SPAM.
> Dave
>
> On Wed, Aug 5, 2009 at 1:26 PM, Burt Beckwith <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Could you at least refrain from using the phrase "Groovy on Grails"? It
>> makes no sense. In 2006 the framework was Groovy on Rails but after
>> complaints it was changed to Grails.
>>
>> Burt
>>
>> On Wednesday 05 August 2009 2:19:07 pm damenlon wrote:
>> >
>> > This is not a SPAM.
>> >
>> > I spend many hours to write up examples and collect useful information
>> > for
>> > sharing and nobody paid me.
>> >
>> > What I asked for is clicking on the link from Goolge. Yesterday I earned
>> > nothing because nobody clicked the Google link so I decided to put a
>> > block
>> > box to remind visitors to support my website.
>> >
>> > This is a new site, and I wish to get some support if the visitors think
>> > the
>> > content is useful.

> Author of Grails: A Quick-Start Guide
> http://pragprog.com/titles/dkgrails
> --------
> Contegix
> Beyond Managed Hosting(r) for Your Enterprise
> Favorite Linux-Friendly Hosting Company - Linux Journal
> www.contegix.com/linuxjournal

Re: Best Groovy on Grails Books Online

damenlon
I am new to Groovy and Grails society and not aware about this name issue. I will use "Groovy and Grails" term from now on.

Burt Beckwith wrote
Could you at least refrain from using the phrase "Groovy on Grails"? It makes no sense. In 2006 the framework was Groovy on Rails but after complaints it was changed to Grails.

Burt

On Wednesday 05 August 2009 2:19:07 pm damenlon wrote:

> This is not a SPAM.
>
> I spend many hours to write up examples and collect useful information for
> sharing and nobody paid me.
>
> What I asked for is clicking on the link from Goolge. Yesterday I earned
> nothing because nobody clicked the Google link so I decided to put a block
> box to remind visitors to support my website.
>
> This is a new site, and I wish to get some support if the visitors think the
> content is useful.
>

> Fred Janon wrote:
> >
> > SPAM
> >
> > On Wed, Aug 5, 2009 at 09:33, damenlon <gwofu@yahoo.com> wrote:
> >

> >> A list of best Groovy and Grails books - online
> >>  http://groovyongrails.webs.com/apps/links/
> >> http://groovyongrails.webs.com/apps/links/
> >> --
> >>
> >>    http://xircles.codehaus.org/manage_email

Re: Best Groovy on Grails Books Online

Robert Fischer
The point is that it's not one term.  It's "Groovy", and it's "Grails".  There is explicitly no
combined term like RoR.

~~ Robert.

damenlon wrote:

> I am new to Groovy and Grails society and not aware about this name issue. I
> will use "Groovy and Grails" term from now on.
>

> Burt Beckwith wrote:
>> Could you at least refrain from using the phrase "Groovy on Grails"? It
>> makes no sense. In 2006 the framework was Groovy on Rails but after
>> complaints it was changed to Grails.
>>
>> Burt
>>
>> On Wednesday 05 August 2009 2:19:07 pm damenlon wrote:
>>> This is not a SPAM.
>>>
>>> I spend many hours to write up examples and collect useful information
>>> for
>>> sharing and nobody paid me.
>>>
>>> What I asked for is clicking on the link from Goolge. Yesterday I earned
>>> nothing because nobody clicked the Google link so I decided to put a
>>> block
>>> box to remind visitors to support my website.
>>>
>>> This is a new site, and I wish to get some support if the visitors think
>>> the
>>> content is useful.

~~ Robert Fischer, Smokejumper IT Consulting.
Enfranchised Mind Blog http://EnfranchisedMind.com/blog

Check out my book, "Grails Persistence with GORM and GSQL"!
http://www.smokejumperit.com/redirect.html

Re: Best Groovy on Grails Books Online

Dierk König
and with NoScript plugin in FF activated one cannot even see any
information on your page, which
may be one reason you get no supporters....

Dierk

> damenlon wrote:
>> I am new to Groovy and Grails society and not aware about this name
>> issue. I
>> will use "Groovy and Grails" term from now on.
>> Burt Beckwith wrote:
>>> Could you at least refrain from using the phrase "Groovy on
>>> Grails"? It
>>> makes no sense. In 2006 the framework was Groovy on Rails but after
>>> complaints it was changed to Grails.
>>>
>>> Burt

> ~~ Robert Fischer, Smokejumper IT Consulting.
> Enfranchised Mind Blog http://EnfranchisedMind.com/blog
>
> Check out my book, "Grails Persistence with GORM and GSQL"!
> http://www.smokejumperit.com/redirect.html

Re: Best Groovy on Grails Books Online

Jason H King
damenlon,

There is a lot of free to view information on Groovy and/or Grails just a google search away.  I know I'm not going to go through your 3 step click through routine to see your pieces.  I suspect very few others will either.  If the articles are good, then that might inspire me to do a search or go look for a book through the links on your site.
That blocker is just annoying and if I want to be annoyed all I have to do is turn on the news.

Re: Best Groovy on Grails Books Online

rslima
damenion,

I Navigated to your site, and saw that huge box telling me to go through some strange incantations to get to the content. The little policeman that lives inside my head said "Nothing to see here, move along!" and I obeyed him promptly.

Seriously, get rid of the box or I guess you won't get many "clicks" in your blog.

Ricardo da Silva Lima

Re: Best Groovy on Grails Books Online

damenlon
Points taken. That huge box also annoying myself and it was taken out yesterday. After that, no click at all for one day. I was so desperate and I decided to put it back. At least I got 7 clicks after the block was there.

I will think about this problem.

rslima wrote

Ricardo da Silva Lima
rslima@gmail.com