Can't get grails to work behind our proxy

Can't get grails to work behind our proxy

micke_
This post was updated on .
Hi

I've just tried to get Grails 2.3.1 to work behind a proxy without success.

I've added a proxy and the ProxySettings.groovy file looks like this:

currentProxy='proxy1'
proxy1=['http.proxyHost':'fm-eu-lon-proxy.net', 'http.proxyPort':'8080', 'http.proxyUser':'username', 'http.proxyPassword':'password', 'http.nonProxyHosts':'localhost']

I had to manually  edit this because the set-proxy command put in true instead of the actual values...

When running something like grails compile on a brand new create-app created project I get:

        at com.ning.http.client.providers.netty.NettyAsyncHttpProvider.ntlmChallenge(NettyAsyncHttpProvider.java:1372)
        at com.ning.http.client.providers.netty.NettyAsyncHttpProvider.messageReceived(NettyAsyncHttpProvider.java:1153)
        at org.jboss.netty.handler.stream.ChunkedWriteHandler.handleUpstream(ChunkedWriteHandler.java:149)
        at org.jboss.netty.handler.codec.http.HttpContentDecoder.messageReceived(HttpContentDecoder.java:104)
        at org.jboss.netty.channel.Channels.fireMessageReceived(Channels.java:302)
        at org.jboss.netty.handler.codec.replay.ReplayingDecoder.unfoldAndFireMessageReceived(ReplayingDecoder.java:522)
        at org.jboss.netty.handler.codec.replay.ReplayingDecoder.callDecode(ReplayingDecoder.java:506)
        at org.jboss.netty.handler.codec.replay.ReplayingDecoder.messageReceived(ReplayingDecoder.java:443)
        at org.jboss.netty.handler.codec.http.HttpClientCodec.handleUpstream(HttpClientCodec.java:77)
        at org.jboss.netty.channel.Channels.fireMessageReceived(Channels.java:274)
        at org.jboss.netty.channel.Channels.fireMessageReceived(Channels.java:261)
        at org.jboss.netty.channel.socket.nio.NioWorker.read(NioWorker.java:349)
        at org.jboss.netty.channel.socket.nio.NioWorker.processSelectedKeys(NioWorker.java:280)
        at org.jboss.netty.channel.socket.nio.NioWorker.run(NioWorker.java:200)
        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:895)
        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:918)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)
| Error Resolve error obtaining dependencies: Failed to read artifact descriptor for org.grails.plugins:tomcat:zip:7.0.42
| Error Required Grails build dependencies were not found. This is normally due to internet connectivity issues (such as a misconfigured pro
xy) or missing repositories in grails-app/conf/BuildConfig.groovy. Please verify your configuration to continue.

This is the bottom bit of the stacktrace.

Haven't made any changes to BuildConfig.groovy .

Is there a bug here or am I missing some configuration?

Cheers,
 Micke

Full stacktrace:
| Error Resolve error obtaining dependencies: Failed to read artifact descriptor for org.grails.plugins:tomcat:zip:7.0.42
org.sonatype.aether.resolution.ArtifactDescriptorException: Failed to read artifact descriptor for org.grails.plugins:tomcat:zip:7.0.42
        at org.apache.maven.repository.internal.DefaultArtifactDescriptorReader.loadPom(DefaultArtifactDescriptorReader.java:296)
        at org.apache.maven.repository.internal.DefaultArtifactDescriptorReader.readArtifactDescriptor(DefaultArtifactDescriptorReader.java:
186)
        at org.sonatype.aether.impl.internal.DefaultDependencyCollector.process(DefaultDependencyCollector.java:412)
        at org.sonatype.aether.impl.internal.DefaultDependencyCollector.collectDependencies(DefaultDependencyCollector.java:240)
        at org.sonatype.aether.impl.internal.DefaultRepositorySystem.collectDependencies(DefaultRepositorySystem.java:308)
        at org.codehaus.groovy.grails.resolve.maven.aether.AetherDependencyManager.collectDependencies(AetherDependencyManager.groovy:451)
        at org.codehaus.groovy.grails.resolve.maven.aether.AetherDependencyManager.resolve(AetherDependencyManager.groovy:307)
        at grails.util.BuildSettings.doResolve(BuildSettings.groovy:513)
        at grails.util.BuildSettings.doResolve(BuildSettings.groovy)
        at org.codehaus.groovy.reflection.CachedMethod.invoke(CachedMethod.java:90)
        at groovy.lang.MetaMethod.doMethodInvoke(MetaMethod.java:233)
        at groovy.lang.MetaClassImpl.invokeMethod(MetaClassImpl.java:1085)
        at groovy.lang.ExpandoMetaClass.invokeMethod(ExpandoMetaClass.java:1110)
        at groovy.lang.MetaClassImpl.invokeMethod(MetaClassImpl.java:909)
        at groovy.lang.MetaClassImpl.invokeMethod(MetaClassImpl.java:1030)
        at groovy.lang.ExpandoMetaClass.invokeMethod(ExpandoMetaClass.java:1110)
        at groovy.lang.MetaClassImpl.invokeMethod(MetaClassImpl.java:909)
        at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.callsite.PogoMetaClassSite.callCurrent(PogoMetaClassSite.java:66)
        at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.callsite.CallSiteArray.defaultCallCurrent(CallSiteArray.java:49)
        at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.callsite.AbstractCallSite.callCurrent(AbstractCallSite.java:133)
        at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.callsite.AbstractCallSite.callCurrent(AbstractCallSite.java:145)
        at grails.util.BuildSettings$_getDefaultBuildDependencies_closure17.doCall(BuildSettings.groovy:774)
        at grails.util.BuildSettings$_getDefaultBuildDependencies_closure17.doCall(BuildSettings.groovy)
        at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.callsite.PogoMetaMethodSite$PogoCachedMethodSiteNoUnwrapNoCoerce.invoke(PogoMetaMethodSite.java:272)
        at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.callsite.PogoMetaMethodSite.call(PogoMetaMethodSite.java:64)
        at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.callsite.CallSiteArray.defaultCall(CallSiteArray.java:45)
        at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.callsite.AbstractCallSite.call(AbstractCallSite.java:108)
        at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.callsite.AbstractCallSite.call(AbstractCallSite.java:112)
        at grails.util.BuildSettings.getDefaultBuildDependencies(BuildSettings.groovy:768)
        at grails.util.BuildSettings.getBuildDependencies(BuildSettings.groovy:673)
        at org.codehaus.groovy.grails.cli.support.ClasspathConfigurer.getClassLoaderUrls(ClasspathConfigurer.java:107)
        at org.codehaus.groovy.grails.cli.support.ClasspathConfigurer.configuredClassLoader(ClasspathConfigurer.java:70)
        at org.codehaus.groovy.grails.cli.GrailsScriptRunner.initializeState(GrailsScriptRunner.java:629)
        at org.codehaus.groovy.grails.cli.GrailsScriptRunner.callPluginOrGrailsScript(GrailsScriptRunner.java:413)
        at org.codehaus.groovy.grails.cli.GrailsScriptRunner.executeCommand(GrailsScriptRunner.java:378)
        at org.codehaus.groovy.grails.cli.GrailsScriptRunner.main(GrailsScriptRunner.java:226)
        at org.codehaus.groovy.grails.cli.support.GrailsStarter.rootLoader(GrailsStarter.java:235)
        at org.codehaus.groovy.grails.cli.support.GrailsStarter.main(GrailsStarter.java:263)
        at org.codehaus.groovy.grails.cli.support.GrailsStarter.rootLoader(GrailsStarter.java:235)
        at org.codehaus.groovy.grails.cli.support.GrailsStarter.main(GrailsStarter.java:263)
Caused by: org.sonatype.aether.resolution.ArtifactResolutionException: Could not transfer artifact org.grails.plugins:tomcat:pom:7.0.42 from
/to grailsCentral (http://repo.grails.org/grails/plugins): NullPointerException
        at org.sonatype.aether.impl.internal.DefaultArtifactResolver.resolve(DefaultArtifactResolver.java:538)
        at org.sonatype.aether.impl.internal.DefaultArtifactResolver.resolveArtifacts(DefaultArtifactResolver.java:216)
        at org.sonatype.aether.impl.internal.DefaultArtifactResolver.resolveArtifact(DefaultArtifactResolver.java:193)
        at org.apache.maven.repository.internal.DefaultArtifactDescriptorReader.loadPom(DefaultArtifactDescriptorReader.java:281)
        ... 55 more
Caused by: org.sonatype.aether.transfer.ArtifactTransferException: Could not transfer artifact org.grails.plugins:tomcat:pom:7.0.42 from/to
grailsCentral (http://repo.grails.org/grails/plugins): NullPointerException
        at org.sonatype.aether.connector.async.AsyncRepositoryConnector$3.wrap(AsyncRepositoryConnector.java:1546)
        at org.sonatype.aether.connector.async.AsyncRepositoryConnector$3.wrap(AsyncRepositoryConnector.java:1537)
        at org.sonatype.aether.connector.async.AsyncRepositoryConnector$GetTask.flush(AsyncRepositoryConnector.java:1035)
        at org.sonatype.aether.connector.async.AsyncRepositoryConnector.get(AsyncRepositoryConnector.java:409)
        at org.sonatype.aether.impl.internal.DefaultArtifactResolver.resolve(DefaultArtifactResolver.java:457)
        ... 58 more
        at com.ning.http.client.providers.netty.NettyAsyncHttpProvider.ntlmChallenge(NettyAsyncHttpProvider.java:1372)
        at com.ning.http.client.providers.netty.NettyAsyncHttpProvider.messageReceived(NettyAsyncHttpProvider.java:1153)
        at org.jboss.netty.handler.stream.ChunkedWriteHandler.handleUpstream(ChunkedWriteHandler.java:149)
        at org.jboss.netty.handler.codec.http.HttpContentDecoder.messageReceived(HttpContentDecoder.java:104)
        at org.jboss.netty.channel.Channels.fireMessageReceived(Channels.java:302)
        at org.jboss.netty.handler.codec.replay.ReplayingDecoder.unfoldAndFireMessageReceived(ReplayingDecoder.java:522)
        at org.jboss.netty.handler.codec.replay.ReplayingDecoder.callDecode(ReplayingDecoder.java:506)
        at org.jboss.netty.handler.codec.replay.ReplayingDecoder.messageReceived(ReplayingDecoder.java:443)
        at org.jboss.netty.handler.codec.http.HttpClientCodec.handleUpstream(HttpClientCodec.java:77)
        at org.jboss.netty.channel.Channels.fireMessageReceived(Channels.java:274)
        at org.jboss.netty.channel.Channels.fireMessageReceived(Channels.java:261)
        at org.jboss.netty.channel.socket.nio.NioWorker.read(NioWorker.java:349)
        at org.jboss.netty.channel.socket.nio.NioWorker.processSelectedKeys(NioWorker.java:280)
        at org.jboss.netty.channel.socket.nio.NioWorker.run(NioWorker.java:200)
        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:895)
        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:918)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)
| Error Resolve error obtaining dependencies: Failed to read artifact descriptor for org.grails.plugins:tomcat:zip:7.0.42
| Error Required Grails build dependencies were not found. This is normally due to internet connectivity issues (such as a misconfigured pro
xy) or missing repositories in grails-app/conf/BuildConfig.groovy. Please verify your configuration to continue.

Re: Can't get grails to work behind our proxy

micke_

Was editing to obscure where I'm working but as you can see missed one bit, obviously to avoid abuse ;-)

proxy1 is rbs1 in the unedited file.

Cheers
Micke

Sent from phone

On 5 Nov 2013 13:43, "micke_" <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi

I've just tried to get Grails 2.3.1 to work behind a proxy without success.

I've added a proxy and the ProxySettings.groovy file looks like this:

currentProxy='proxy1'
rbs1=['http.proxyHost':'fm-eu-lon-proxy.net', 'http.proxyPort':'8080',