Quantcast

Change default style to grails-app

ezequiel87
Hello all! I'm new with grails. I want to change the default style of my grails-app.
Is there any plugin or something else to do this in a simple way?

Thanks!

Re: Change default style to grails-app

lucastex
You mean, css?

[]s,

Lucas Frare Teixeira .·.
- [hidden email]
- lucastex.com.br
- blog.lucastex.com
- twitter.com/lucastex

On Tue, Feb 8, 2011 at 5:48 PM, ezequiel87 <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hello all! I'm new with grails. I want to change the default style of my
grails-app.
Is there any plugin or something else to do this in a simple way?

Thanks!

Re: Change default style to grails-app

Dana
Hi and welcome to Grails! Here are a few ways you can change the style of your app (ordered from quickest to most flexible):
  1. To make simple changes to the style, you can edit the CSS at web-app/css/main.css
  2. To edit the layout surrounding each page, you can create new layouts (see the "Layout by Convention" section of http://grails.org/doc/latest/guide/6.%20The%20Web%20Layer.html#6.2.4%20Layouts%20with%20Sitemesh )
  3. To make changes to the default page contents, you can edit the templates used for scaffold views. Run this command at the command-line:

    grails install-templates

    and then you will find some GSP files in the src/templates/scaffolding folder that you can tweak.
  4. (This is what I do 99% of the time) Run this command at the command-line:

    grails generate-all <your.Domain>

    which will create the same controller and views as dynamic scaffolding does, but places them in your grails-app/controllers and grails-app/views folders, so you can edit them to your heart's content.
Good luck!

-Dana

On 2/8/11 11:48 AM, ezequiel87 wrote:
Hello all! I'm new with grails. I want to change the default style of my
grails-app.
Is there any plugin or something else to do this in a simple way?

Thanks!

Re: Change default style to grails-app

gauravchauhan
Play with main.gsp layout and you can change the default style of grails-app ....

Regards
Gaurav Chauhan