Charting plugin suggestion

PaulWaldo
Hi all,

I want to create charts in my Grails 2.x application.  I want some free good looking charts that don't require a third party like google to render the charts.  I have looked at Eastwood/google-chart and it seems to be very old and broken.  Google-visualization seems to work, but it still has to be able to talk to google to do its thing.  zing-chart appears to not be free.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!  Thanks in advance.

Paul

Re: Charting plugin suggestion

netwiser
You can try hichart, it is free for noncommercial use.

Sent from my Android Pad

PaulWaldo <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi all,

I want to create charts in my Grails 2.x application.  I want some free good
looking charts that don't require a third party like google to render the
charts.  I have looked at Eastwood/google-chart and it seems to be very old
and broken.  Google-visualization seems to work, but it still has to be able
to talk to google to do its thing.  zing-chart appears to not be free.  Any
suggestions would be greatly appreciated!  Thanks in advance.

Paul

Re: Charting plugin suggestion

J.W. Klomp
We're also using Highcharts. Experience is good so far.
Regards,

Jan-Willem Klomp

Re: Charting plugin suggestion

John Fletcher-3
The best all-round javascript charting option is jqplot.

Search javascript charting or something and you'll find a bit stackoverflow thread about it. In the end it's not really grails related.

John

2012/2/5 J.W. Klomp <[hidden email]>
We're also using Highcharts. Experience is good so far.

-----
Regards,

Jan-Willem Klomp

Re: Charting plugin suggestion

John Fletcher-3
2012/2/6 John Fletcher
In the end it's not really grails related.

I mean, it's not really Grails specific.

Re: Charting plugin suggestion

Jean Barmash 1
+1 for  HighCharts.    Excellent graphing package.  Has JQuery adopters, as well as other adopters.

 It's actually OEMed in some other ones, like Fusion Charts (It was originally flash, and I think they are using highcharts for iPad compatibility).

Jean