Clustering a Grails 3.x app (not DB, just the app!)

Clustering a Grails 3.x app (not DB, just the app!)

Bahman Movaqar-2
I've started re-writing a web application in Grails since just a few days ago; it's a classic Spring MVC application: security, session (redis), FreeMarker and JPA (PostgreSQL). In its current state, it's easy (thanks to Spring session) to fire up a new instance of the application to help overloaded instances --given that only one PG and one redis server is used.
Now I'm wondering if there are special precautions I should observe for the Grails version to be like that[1]?  Is using a redis-backed session store is enough[2]?

I'd appreciate any hints on this.

[1] I'm not sure what it is called; but I guess application-level-clustering would be a good enough new buzzword :-)
[2] Like this: https://grails.org/plugin/redis-database-session

Re: Clustering a Grails 3.x app (not DB, just the app!)

Eric Helgeson

Since grails 3 is based on spring boot you can just use spring session.

I wrote up a post on how to use it - http://blog.agileorbit.com/2015/09/04/Spring-Session-Redis-Grails-3.html

Many grails specific plugins don't need to be created anymore since you can easily use what's provided by boot.

Hope that helps!

On Saturday, 11 June 2016 17:50:07 UTC+4:30, Eric Helgeson wrote:

Since grails 3 is based on spring boot you can just use spring session.

Excellent.

I wrote up a post on how to use it - <a href="http://www.google.com/url?q=http%3A%2F%2Fblog.agileorbit.com%2F2015%2F09%2F04%2FSpring-Session-Redis-Grails-3.html&amp;sa=D&amp;sntz=1&amp;usg=AFQjCNFGpg74LjRwmTw3-76URQmOY7jj8g" target="_blank" rel="nofollow" onmousedown="this.href=&#39;http://www.google.com/url?q\x3dhttp%3A%2F%2Fblog.agileorbit.com%2F2015%2F09%2F04%2FSpring-Session-Redis-Grails-3.html\x26sa\x3dD\x26sntz\x3d1\x26usg\x3dAFQjCNFGpg74LjRwmTw3-76URQmOY7jj8g&#39;;return true;" onclick="this.href=&#39;http://www.google.com/url?q\x3dhttp%3A%2F%2Fblog.agileorbit.com%2F2015%2F09%2F04%2FSpring-Session-Redis-Grails-3.html\x26sa\x3dD\x26sntz\x3d1\x26usg\x3dAFQjCNFGpg74LjRwmTw3-76URQmOY7jj8g&#39;;return true;">http://blog.agileorbit.com/2015/09/04/Spring-Session-Redis-Grails-3.html

Many grails specific plugins don't need to be created anymore since you can easily use what's provided by boot.

Hope that helps!

Of course it does!  Thanks for the assist.

On Sat, Jun 11, 2016, 7:02 AM Bahman Movaqar <<a href="javascript:" target="_blank" gdf-obfuscated-mailto="yiS50obCCAAJ" rel="nofollow" onmousedown="this.href=&#39;javascript:&#39;;return true;" onclick="this.href=&#39;javascript:&#39;;return true;">b.mo...@...> wrote: