Quantcast

Config files for Grails Plugin

clr meno
I have many service and src files that are common for  different applications (uses Grails 2.4.4) . So I converted them to plugins. But I am having to repeat the configurations of Datasource.groovy, BuildConfig.groovy and Config.groovy in each of these plugins and the main applications to avoid any compilation erorr and to have the plugin build successfully. Is there a better way to share the config files between plugins and main application instead of duplicating it everywhere?

Re: Config files for Grails Plugin

clr meno
Is it possible to Include BuildConfig in the plugin install so that same BuildConfig configuration need not be duplicated in the host  application that uses the plugin

On Monday, April 3, 2017 at 6:22:50 PM UTC-4, clr meno wrote:
I have many service and src files that are common for  different applications (uses Grails 2.4.4) . So I converted them to plugins. But I am having to repeat the configurations of Datasource.groovy, BuildConfig.groovy and Config.groovy in each of these plugins and the main applications to avoid any compilation erorr and to have the plugin build successfully. Is there a better way to share the config files between plugins and main application instead of duplicating it everywhere?

Re: Config files for Grails Plugin

Chris Malan

 As it seems you said yourself, it's possible.  Here's how it's done in Grails 3: http://www.databaseapplications.com.au/grails-multi-app.jsp  Look under the 'Keeping Things DRY' heading.