Quantcast

Config problem with Spring Security plugin

Config problem with Spring Security plugin

Robert Fletcher-2
Hi

I'm getting a strange problem with Spring Security. I have set up
User, UserRole and Role classes, and configured them thus:

    http://github.com/robfletcher/votething/blob/master/grails-app/conf/Config.groovy#L95

However, when I run the app (or my functional tests) any attempt to
log in is met with:

    org.hibernate.hql.ast.QuerySyntaxException: Person is not mapped
[FROM Person WHERE username = :username]

Person is the wrong entity name, it should be User, but I can't figure
out why this is getting mixed up. I was originally using
spring-security-core 0.4 but have now upgraded to 1.0.1 but get the
same behaviour.

The stupid thing is this is code I had working a few weeks back, got
distracted and have only just come back to. Clearly this is some basic
mistake on my part, but I can't see it. Any pointers very much
appreciated.

Cheers,
Rob

Re: Config problem with Spring Security plugin

burtbeckwith
That's something I've seen before, but I'm not sure what's up. It works if you shutdown and run clean and restart. For whatever reason the initial compile doesn't have everything from Config.groovy.

Burt

> Hi
>
> I'm getting a strange problem with Spring Security. I have set up
> User, UserRole and Role classes, and configured them thus:
>
>     http://github.com/robfletcher/votething/blob/master/grails-app/conf/Config.groovy#L95
>
> However, when I run the app (or my functional tests) any attempt to
> log in is met with:
>
>     org.hibernate.hql.ast.QuerySyntaxException: Person is not mapped
> [FROM Person WHERE username = :username]
>
> Person is the wrong entity name, it should be User, but I can't figure
> out why this is getting mixed up. I was originally using
> spring-security-core 0.4 but have now upgraded to 1.0.1 but get the
> same behaviour.
>
> The stupid thing is this is code I had working a few weeks back, got
> distracted and have only just come back to. Clearly this is some basic
> mistake on my part, but I can't see it. Any pointers very much
> appreciated.
>
> Cheers,
> Rob

Re: Config problem with Spring Security plugin

Robert Fletcher-2
Thanks. Works now. I thought I'd tried that but obviously not.