Configuration over-write mechanism does not seem to work with rabbitmq plugin.

Configuration over-write mechanism does not seem to work with rabbitmq plugin.

a.shneyderman
I configure one of my services to the listener (InstanceEventsService). I wanted to overwrite the properties of the bean that gets declared by the rabbit mq pluging, the listener (provided by spring amq integration) is declared with the name of instanceEventsService_MessageListenerContainer. So in my conf/spring/resources.groovy I place the following:

    instanceEventsService_MessageListenerContainer {
        concurrentConsumers=2
        prefetchCount=1
        acknowledgeMode=AcknowledgeMode.MANUAL
    }

this declaration prevents listener from starting up. If I comment out this declaration listener starts up fine. But then I can not over-write acknowledgeMode. According to this document

http://grails-plugins.github.com/grails-rabbitmq/docs/manual/guide/configuration.html#advancedConfig

override should work and yet it does not. Anyone knows what's wrong?

grails 1.3.9, rabbitmq plugin 1.0.0.RC2

Cheers,
Alex.

Re: Configuration over-write mechanism does not seem to work with rabbitmq plugin.

Ian Roberts
On 12/10/2012 13:32, a.shneyderman wrote:

> I configure one of my services to the listener (InstanceEventsService). I
> wanted to overwrite the properties of the bean that gets declared by the
> rabbit mq pluging, the listener (provided by spring amq integration) is
> declared with the name of instanceEventsService_MessageListenerContainer. So
> in my conf/spring/resources.groovy I place the following:
>
>     instanceEventsService_MessageListenerContainer {
>         concurrentConsumers=2
>         prefetchCount=1
>         acknowledgeMode=AcknowledgeMode.MANUAL
>     }

Bean property overrides go in a beans {} section in Config.groovy, not
resources.groovy.

Ian