Conflict in local plugin storage Grails 1.1

Conflict in local plugin storage Grails 1.1

Petr Hejl
Hi,
I'm curious what happens when user wants to develop two grails projects
with same name (for whatever reason - legacy and new, production and
rewrite, etc..). It seems to me that in 1.1 he will get one storage for
the installed plugins - ~/.grails/projects/projectname. When he
uninstall plugin in one project he uninstall it for the other project as
well. I know the plugin will be installed again when running the project
which needs it. Is this intended? Perhaps it's a corner case and I can
live with that. I'm asking to be sure how to handle this in the IDE.

Thanks,
P.

Re: Conflict in local plugin storage Grails 1.1

pledbrook
> Hi,
> I'm curious what happens when user wants to develop two grails projects with
> same name (for whatever reason - legacy and new, production and rewrite,
> etc..). It seems to me that in 1.1 he will get one storage for the installed
> plugins - ~/.grails/projects/projectname. When he uninstall plugin in one
> project he uninstall it for the other project as well. I know the plugin
> will be installed again when running the project which needs it. Is this
> intended? Perhaps it's a corner case and I can live with that. I'm asking to
> be sure how to handle this in the IDE.

It's a problem, and not just for plugins. You have to have unique
project names within a single version of Grails. This is one of the
reasons I prefer to configure projects with a "work" directory that
resides in the project. The other reason is that life is much easier
with continuous integration when you use this approach.

Cheers,

Peter

Re: Conflict in local plugin storage Grails 1.1

Dierk König

Am 23.02.2009 um 11:31 schrieb Peter Ledbrook:
> This is one of the
> reasons I prefer to configure projects with a "work" directory that
> resides in the project.

How does your layout look exactly with the "work" dir?

cheers
Dierk

Re: Conflict in local plugin storage Grails 1.1

pledbrook
> How does your layout look exactly with the "work" dir?

proj

+-- grails-app
.
.
.
+-- work

     +-- classes

     +-- resources

     +-- test-classes

You can get this structure simply by adding the following line to "grails-app/conf/BuildConfig.groovy":

  grails.project.work.dir = "work"

Cheers,

Peter