Continuous integration up and running

Dierk König
Hiall,

the continuous integration is now running as a
cruisecontrol build under
http://build.canoo.com/grails

Find the setup details under
http://grails.codehaus.org/Continuous+Integration

In order to make the build run, I temporarily
excluded the ControllerScaffoldingTests from the
TestSuite in the build.xml test target.

The javadoc is created with every build. It
currently issues a long list of warnings that
need to be ironed out.

The appearance of the build-reporting webapp can
be tweaked by adapting the corresponding files under
/cruise/reporting-app.

The build now runs successfully.
Let's keep it up.
Mittie

Re: Continuous integration up and running

> Hiall,
>
> the continuous integration is now running as a
> cruisecontrol build under
> http://build.canoo.com/grails
Great!

> Find the setup details under
> http://grails.codehaus.org/Continuous+Integration
Cool, I've modified the menu so this appears as a link off the main site now.

> In order to make the build run, I temporarily
> excluded the ControllerScaffoldingTests from the
> TestSuite in the build.xml test target.
Ok, will fix this one soon enough..

> The javadoc is created with every build. It
> currently issues a long list of warnings that
> need to be ironed out.
Will look into this.

> The appearance of the build-reporting webapp can
> be tweaked by adapting the corresponding files under
> /cruise/reporting-app.
Ok it may need some tweaking as i noticed you can't see the text on
the left unless you highlight it with drag select

> The build now runs successfully.
> Let's keep it up.
Indeed :-)

> Mittie

RE: Continuous integration up and running

Dierk König
> > Find the setup details under
> > http://grails.codehaus.org/Continuous+Integration
> Cool, I've modified the menu so this appears as a link off the
> main site now.

Cool, thanks.

> > The appearance of the build-reporting webapp can
> > be tweaked by adapting the corresponding files under
> > /cruise/reporting-app.
> Ok it may need some tweaking as i noticed you can't see the text on
> the left unless you highlight it with drag select

LOL!

I checked with IE 6 and Firefox 1.5 on WinXP. Both were fine.

Anyway, it's all checked in such that we can tweak it easily.
Also the page isn't as 'slick' as the Grails confluence pages, yet.

cheers
Mittie

P.S. there is a remaining issue when hitting the XmlLog tab.
It sometimes throws a StackOverflowError. This is a
cruisecontrol 'bug' or let's say a very unfortunate choice
of algorithm to escape special chars. Some recursive
divide&conquer that isn't really needed.

Re: Continuous integration up and running

graemer
Dierk,

I noticed I never received a build successful message following my
committs this morning. Is the server ok? Shall I email the support
address you sent