Could static scaffolded code be a bit tighter?

Could static scaffolded code be a bit tighter?

Marc Palmer Local

Hi,

 From my small understandings of Groovy, I believe statically typed
variables are access quicker at runtime than dynamically typed ones
(method lookups etc). If this is true, it would be nice if "grails
generate-all" created static controllers that use the domain class
instead of "def" everywhere.

A minor point, and possibly based on fallacy vis performance... but
enquiring minds want to know :)

Re: Could static scaffolded code be a bit tighter?

Jochen Theodorou
Marc Palmer schrieb:

> Hi,
>
>  From my small understandings of Groovy, I believe statically typed
> variables are access quicker at runtime than dynamically typed ones
> (method lookups etc). If this is true, it would be nice if "grails
> generate-all" created static controllers that use the domain class
> instead of "def" everywhere.
>
> A minor point, and possibly based on fallacy vis performance... but
> enquiring minds want to know :)

You are wrong. giving no type is quicker because we do have to do less
conversions ;)

bye blackdrag

--
Jochen Theodorou