Quantcast

Default timezone

Finn Herpich | Marfinn Software GmbH
Hi all,

is there a way to set the default timezone for a Grails application?
I've one app which I want to work with UTC as default regardless of what the system settings are.

Any hints?

Cheers

Marfinn Software GmbH
Firmensitz: Endenicher Straße 262, 53121 Bonn
Registergericht: Amtsgericht Bonn, HRB 16233
Geschäftsführer: Martin Hensel, Finn Herpich

Re: Default timezone

Finn Herpich | Marfinn Software GmbH
It looks like
TimeZone.setDefault(TimeZone.getTimeZone("UTC"))
in BootStrap.groovy does the job.

> is there a way to set the default timezone for a Grails application?
> I've one app which I want to work with UTC as default regardless of what the
> system settings are.
>
> Any hints?
>
> Cheers
>
> Marfinn Software GmbH
> Firmensitz: Endenicher Straße 262, 53121 Bonn
> Registergericht: Amtsgericht Bonn, HRB 16233
> Geschäftsführer: Martin Hensel, Finn Herpich

Marfinn Software GmbH
Firmensitz: Endenicher Straße 262, 53121 Bonn
Registergericht: Amtsgericht Bonn, HRB 16233
Geschäftsführer: Martin Hensel, Finn Herpich

Re: Default timezone

John Stoneham
On Tue, May 18, 2010 at 11:10 AM, Finn Herpich
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> is there a way to set the default timezone for a Grails application?
> I've one app which I want to work with UTC as default regardless of what the system settings are.

We do this by launching Grails or Jetty with -Duser.timezone=UTC on JAVA_OPTS.

--
John Stoneham