Design documentation

Gregory Pierce-2
Are there any developers notes or design docs that describe how this
who architecture is strung together, how it can be extended, etc.?
I'd love to help, but right now its difficult for me to really follow
the flow of much of the architecture of the application.

Re: Design documentation

graemer
On 4/21/06, Gregory Pierce <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Are there any developers notes or design docs that describe how this
> who architecture is strung together, how it can be extended, etc.?
> I'd love to help, but right now its difficult for me to really follow
> the flow of much of the architecture of the application.

hmm as with most open source projects.. not really.. as a start you
should look at

http://build.canoo.com/grails/artifacts/doc/api/org/codehaus/groovy/grails/commons/DefaultGrailsApplication.html

which is the core of it and manages the loaded class and the class
loader. Also see SpringConfig:

http://build.canoo.com/grails/artifacts/doc/api/org/codehaus/groovy/grails/commons/spring/SpringConfig.html

Which wires it all together with Spring otherwise feel free to contact
me i'm available on Google Talk if you want to talk through any of it

Re: Design documentation

Gregory Pierce-2
Thanks a bunch. This project is rapidly gaining my interest as I
would indeed like to replace a rails application with grails, but
grails isn't quite there yet - so I would like to help it get there :)