Disabling all except Quartz plugin

jondo_w
Hi all,

I'm wanting to use our existing Grails application code to build an instance of the application but with all core plugins disabled except for the plugins Quartz will require (Hibernate as an example). So I don't want any 'web' interface as such into the controllers. The Quartz jobs must still be able to use services, GORM etc. It doesn't matter if controller classes get compiled into the build however. The intention here is to keep things simple on the build side, so I don't have to create a completely separate application which would mean I'd need to make the domain classes a plugin etc etc.

So where do I evict all the core plugins? Do I simply create a 'placeholder' plugin that does this? I also want to be able to build the full application or this slimmed down application 'by the flick of a switch' in the build script. If somebody could give me some hints or clues, I'm happy to do all the grunt work. I'm just not sure where exactly to start.

Many thanks,
Darryl

Re: Disabling all except Quartz plugin

jondo_w
Apologies for bumping this one. I just want to make sure that nobody was away on holiday who might have known the answer (or a pointer in the rigth direction) to this question. If so, please do respond. I still haven't figured out its solution yet.

Thanks,
Darryl

Re: Disabling all except Quartz plugin

jondo_w
In trying to solve this one, I created a plugin and included the following in its plugin class:

    def evicts = ["URLMappings",
            "controllers",
            "filters",
            "scaffolding",
            "servlets",
            "webflow",
            "authorize",
            "breadcrumbs",
            "geoip",
            "jcaptcha",
            "remote-pagination"]

The 'authorize' plugin is a security plugin we created for authentication/authorization. It performs specific actions that I want to also prevent from running. Unfortunately, I'm finding that its BootStrap class is run even though I've added it to my 'evicts' list. Am I specifying my evicts clause incorrectly? Why does 'authorize' still get run? I've done a 'grails clean' on my project, so it's not an issue of legacy compiled code. Does evicts actually work?!

Thanks,
Darryl Pentz