Do I have to include the <html> tag in a gsp file if I include it in a template?

Do I have to include the <html> tag in a gsp file if I include it in a template?

iMassakre
If I include the <html> tag in a template, can I just leave it out of the gsp files that use the templates? It seems like this makes sense

Also, can someone explain why the default main.gsp template has a opening html tag as <!DOCTYPE html>? why is this valid? Shouldn't it simply be <html>?

Re: Do I have to include the <html> tag in a gsp file if I include it in a template?

Jeff Scott Brown-3

> On Dec 1, 2014, at 1:35 PM, Mike Hamer <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

> Also, can someone explain why the default main.gsp template has a opening html tag as <!DOCTYPE html>? why is this valid? Shouldn't it simply be <html>?

No.  Those are 2 different things.

Some references…

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Document_type_declaration
http://www.w3schools.com/tags/tag_doctype.asp

Google for “What is is a doctype declaration”. (lmgtfy.com appears to be down at the moment or I could do it for you… ;)

JSB
--
Jeff Scott Brown
[hidden email]