Dynamic Domain Properties

fabiangebert
Hi guys,

I want the user to create dynamic web forms and store the input data in
the database, most probably Oracle, MySQL or sth. SQL-like. The forms
can change and the data should still be maintained.

Is http://grails.org/plugin/dynamic-domain-properties the right way to
go? Any recommendations? Or should I implemented this from scratch rather?

Best
Fabian

Re: Dynamic Domain Properties

RobyWayne
 Mop

On Sep 13, 2012, at 8:44 AM, Fabian Gebert <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> I want the user to create dynamic web forms and store the input data in the database, most probably Oracle, MySQL or sth. SQL-like. The forms can change and the data should still be maintained.
>
> Is http://grails.org/plugin/dynamic-domain-properties the right way to go? Any recommendations? Or should I implemented this from scratch rather?
>
> Best
> Fabian

Robert A. Wayne, Jr.
Virtutem, LLC

Re: Dynamic Domain Properties

bdrhoa
The plugin is worth trying out. I haven't used it, but just looking at
the description, I don't see how you can impose constraints on the
dynamic properties.

I took a different approach (starting before the plugin came out) at
http://maflt.org/products/Ibidem. Unfortunately, I haven't generalized
stuff into reusable plugins. But the code might be useful or at least
give you some ideas.

www.maf.org/rhoads
www.ontherhoads.org