Quantcast

First Grails Site Completed - pickhoo.com

First Grails Site Completed - pickhoo.com

Dean Del Ponte-2
Hi everyone,

Just wanted to share with you that my first ever Grails site has gone
live at http://pickhoo.com.  It's an American Fantasy Football cheat
sheet comparison site.

Thanks to everyone who has worked so hard on Groovy and Grails as well
as the Google Chart Plugin plugin, JSecurity, and Eapps.  Also thanks
to everyone on this mailing list for helping me out.   I loved working
with Grails and hope to use it more in the future.

Let me know what you think!

Thanks,

Dean

Re: First Grails Site Completed - pickhoo.com

Michael Kimsal
Congrats Dean - looks great!

On Wed, Aug 6, 2008 at 7:55 AM, Dean Del Ponte <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> Just wanted to share with you that my first ever Grails site has gone live
> at http://pickhoo.com.  It's an American Fantasy Football cheat sheet
> comparison site.
>
> Thanks to everyone who has worked so hard on Groovy and Grails as well as
> the Google Chart Plugin plugin, JSecurity, and Eapps.  Also thanks to
> everyone on this mailing list for helping me out.   I loved working with
> Grails and hope to use it more in the future.
>
> Let me know what you think!
>
> Thanks,
>
> Dean

Michael Kimsal
http://michaelkimsal.com/blog/
919.827.4724

Re: First Grails Site Completed - pickhoo.com

Jon Capcik-2
Congrats - looks good!

Curious - what hosting solution are you currently using?

- Jon

On Wed, Aug 6, 2008 at 6:55 AM, Dean Del Ponte <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi everyone,

Just wanted to share with you that my first ever Grails site has gone live at http://pickhoo.com.  It's an American Fantasy Football cheat sheet comparison site.

Thanks to everyone who has worked so hard on Groovy and Grails as well as the Google Chart Plugin plugin, JSecurity, and Eapps.  Also thanks to everyone on this mailing list for helping me out.   I loved working with Grails and hope to use it more in the future.

Let me know what you think!

Thanks,

Dean

Re: First Grails Site Completed - pickhoo.com

pgampel

You should add it to http://www.grails.org/Success+Stories. It looks good !

Re: First Grails Site Completed - pickhoo.com

Sven Lange
i dont see any grails or groovy functionality... is there any?? looks to me like a plain static html page running on tomcat. :-)

Dean Del Ponte-2 wrote
Hi everyone,

Just wanted to share with you that my first ever Grails site has gone
live at http://pickhoo.com.  It's an American Fantasy Football cheat
sheet comparison site.

Thanks to everyone who has worked so hard on Groovy and Grails as well
as the Google Chart Plugin plugin, JSecurity, and Eapps.  Also thanks
to everyone on this mailing list for helping me out.   I loved working
with Grails and hope to use it more in the future.

Let me know what you think!

Thanks,

Dean

Re: First Grails Site Completed - pickhoo.com

Dean Del Ponte-2
It's running entirely on grails. There is an administrative backend
where data is entered. The graphs and the "our friends" links are all
dynamically generated. The admin backend, which is hidden from the
public, provides a robust data entry system. More "interactive"
elements will be added in the future.

Thanks,

Dean