Quantcast

GORM Support for Neo4j 3.0 Bolt driver

Michael Juliano
Hello!

Neo4j 3.0 was just released last week, and in it they introduced the Bolt binary driver. I'd like to start the conversation on adding that to GORM. I'm willing and able to contribute code to make this happen if necessary, but I'm unfamiliar with the code base, so it would take me some time.

http://neo4j.com/docs/developer-manual/current/#driver
http://neo4j.com/docs/developer-manual/current/#driver-manual-index

Thanks,
Michael

Re: GORM Support for Neo4j 3.0 Bolt driver

Graeme Rocher-2
Hi Michael,

We are currently still at the investigation stage for Neo4j 3 bolt support, although we are interested in talking to be people who would like to help sponsor development.

The source for the current plugin can be found here:

https://github.com/grails/grails-data-mapping/tree/master/grails-datastore-gorm-neo4j/src/main/groovy/org/grails/datastore/gorm/neo4j

The main work is to convert from using the embedded API to the Bolt driver API

See for example here:

https://github.com/grails/grails-data-mapping/blob/master/grails-datastore-gorm-neo4j/src/main/groovy/org/grails/datastore/gorm/neo4j/engine/Neo4jEntityPersister.java#L162

and here:

https://github.com/grails/grails-data-mapping/blob/master/grails-datastore-gorm-neo4j/src/main/groovy/org/grails/datastore/gorm/neo4j/engine/Neo4jQuery.groovy#L401