[GPJETTY-9] Create separate branches for maintaining parallel plugin major versions

[GPJETTY-9] Create separate branches for maintaining parallel plugin major versions

Adarsh
Hi guys,

I am trying to upgrade the Grails Jetty plugin to the latest version of Jetty. However, not everyone would want the latest Jetty version (9.1) and some would prefer older versions such as 9.0, 8.x or 7.x. So it would be best if we are able to maintain parallel plugin versions.

In order to do so, following what other popular plugin developers have done on Github, we could have separate branches created on the Grails Jetty repository at https://github.com/grails-plugins/grails-jetty.

I have detailed what I think is ideal as a task on Jira at http://jira.grails.org/browse/GPJETTY-9

Would appreciate if someone could create the branches mentioned in the task on the plugin repository so that I can then submit my pull requests to be merged in.

Thanks.

Regards,
Adarsh

Regards,
Adarsh

Re: [GPJETTY-9] Create separate branches for maintaining parallel plugin major versions

Jeff Scott Brown-2
Do you have push privileges to the repo to create the branches yourself?

JSB

Sent from my iPhone

Regards,
Adarsh

Re: [GPJETTY-9] Create separate branches for maintaining parallel plugin major versions

Jeff Scott Brown-2
My mistake. I am triaging some items from my phone and didn't read that closely enough. Apologies.

I will look at that tonight or tomorrow.

JSB

Sent from my iPhone

Regards,
Adarsh

On May 4, 2014 at 6:26:51 PM, Adarsh ([hidden email]) wrote:

> Please can someone acknowledge my query?
>
> On Tuesday, 29 April 2014, Adarsh wrote:
>
> > Hi guys,
> >
> > I am trying to upgrade the Grails Jetty plugin to the latest version of
> > Jetty. However, not everyone would want the latest Jetty version (9.1) and
> > some would prefer older versions such as 9.0, 8.x or 7.x. So it would be
> > best if we are able to maintain parallel plugin versions.
> >
> > In order to do so, following what other popular plugin developers have
> > done on Github, we could have separate branches created on the Grails Jetty
> > repository at https://github.com/grails-plugins/grails-jetty.
> >
> > I have detailed what I think is ideal as a task on Jira at
> > http://jira.grails.org/browse/GPJETTY-9
> >
> > Would appreciate if someone could create the branches mentioned in the
> > task on the plugin repository so that I can then submit my pull requests to
> > be merged in.

The branches have been created.  See comments at https://jira.grails.org/browse/GPJETTY-9.

JSB

Jeff Scott Brown
[hidden email]

Find The Cause ~ Find The Cure
http://www.autismspeaks.org/

Re: [GPJETTY-9] Create separate branches for maintaining parallel plugin major versions

Adarsh
Sweet, thanks. I will try submitting a pull request in the next few days and tell you whether you can close the Jira Task.

Regards,
Adarsh

On 6 May 2014 04:58, Jeff Scott Brown <[hidden email]> wrote:

On May 4, 2014 at 6:26:51 PM, Adarsh ([hidden email]) wrote:
> Please can someone acknowledge my query?
>
> On Tuesday, 29 April 2014, Adarsh wrote:
>
> > Hi guys,
> >
> > I am trying to upgrade the Grails Jetty plugin to the latest version of
> > Jetty. However, not everyone would want the latest Jetty version (9.1) and
> > some would prefer older versions such as 9.0, 8.x or 7.x. So it would be
> > best if we are able to maintain parallel plugin versions.
> >
> > In order to do so, following what other popular plugin developers have
> > done on Github, we could have separate branches created on the Grails Jetty
> > repository at https://github.com/grails-plugins/grails-jetty.
> >
> > I have detailed what I think is ideal as a task on Jira at
> > http://jira.grails.org/browse/GPJETTY-9
> >
> > Would appreciate if someone could create the branches mentioned in the
> > task on the plugin repository so that I can then submit my pull requests to
> > be merged in.

The branches have been created.  See comments at https://jira.grails.org/browse/GPJETTY-9.

JSB

Jeff Scott Brown
[hidden email]

Find The Cause ~ Find The Cure
http://www.autismspeaks.org/

Re: [GPJETTY-9] Create separate branches for maintaining parallel plugin major versions

Adarsh
I have submitted a pull request to merge branch 3.0.x.

Please review this and if you're happy to merge, publish it as Jetty Plugin version 3.0.0.

Note: The documentation need updating too as per Readme.md.

Regards,
Adarsh