Quantcast

GSP Compilation

GSP Compilation – We are developing a large application (more than 50 developers). The fact that we need to recompile GSP pages on every restart really hurts us -...
I have a few questions: 1. Why are you restarting? 2. Is it in dev environment or production? If it is for development mode GSP(s) re...
RE: GSP Compilation – We use development mode for day to day development. We are restarting because we need to restart not to cause a problem , there are hundreds of ...
Re: GSP Compilation – OK, I understand your point , I'm listening. :) In development mode, GSPs get compiled on-demand when they are used the first time. The compi...
RE: GSP Compilation – The application is large. We have around 600 GSP files and we are about 30% done. So a rough estimate would be 2000 GSP files when the project ...
Re: GSP Compilation – Hi, I reopened http://jira.grails.org/browse/GRAILS-6183 . Lari off-topic: btw. One feature that I've been longing for is the possibilit...
Hello all GSP heavy users & developers including Sergei, I just finished fixing a GSP compilation related performance bug in development...
RE: GSP Compilation – I will try check it out shortly. From: Lari Hotari [mailto:lari.hotari@...] Sent: Thursday, September 27, 2012 10:39 AM To: user@... C...
Re: GSP Compilation – For the Geb tests, we have created a different grails project. The main application and geb are configured to run on different ports and can run s...
I agree that initial compliation of a page can make a Geb test fail, I too have seen this, and my gsps certainly aren't that large. A modal dial...
On 9 August 2012 09:08, Antony Jones <antony@...> wrote: > I agree that initial compliation of a page can make a Geb test fail, I > ...
WRT modal dialog. I would construct the modal dialog on page load and mark it as 'display:none' and when the modal dialog is displayed I would on...
On 10 August 2012 17:18, Raviteja Lokineni <raviteja.lokineni@...> wrote: > WRT modal dialog. I would construct the modal dialog on page...
Hmm well depends on the requirement though. I like the browser to do the heavy lifting of the UI stuff and keep the processing of data to the ser...
RE: GSP Compilation – When we run test-app functional:spock it starts the application on port 8090 for us and at this time it recompiles the GSPs. Is this how your ...
Re: GSP Compilation – On Wed, Aug 8, 2012 at 8:28 PM, Sergei Rahouski <srahouski@...>wrote: > We use development mode for day to day development. We are res...
RE: GSP Compilation – It is simple to test: 1) Start your server 2) Hit a GSP - your load time will be 1-2 seconds on a small GSP (we've seen 25 ...
Re: GSP Compilation – I know this but looks like you're on a pretty large GSP page. On the projects that I've worked on it would take 1-3 seconds the first time. On...
RE: GSP Compilation – It is a big project but even for you it would help if you didn't need to wait 3 seconds. It bites you the most if you do a lot of functional tes...
Re: GSP Compilation – Geb is there to save the day [?] for us. On Wed, Aug 8, 2012 at 8:58 PM, Sergei Rahouski <srahouski@...>wrote: > It is a big projec...
RE: GSP Compilation – We use geb too , it is very slow. It needs to compile each GSP page you use in the test, we get timeouts all the time because of the compilation ...
Time wasn't an issue in our case Jenkins runs the functional builds for us. We have like 18 testclasses and takes around 10-15 min to complete th...