GSP outside of Grails

puperzenkarl
I would like to use the GSP templating engine in a standalone Java application to generate some output. Is this possible?

Before you ask why: I need to implement a validation rule engine and I want to accomplish this goal by using the JVM scripting API. A domain language build on top of groovy and executed via ScriptEngine, voila!
I also need to generate output with a templating engine. Because of Groovy in the validation rule engine, GSP looks like a good idea. But it should be implemented in some kind of backend (e.g. simple Java application).

Re: GSP outside of Grails

bond_

On Mon, Jul 11, 2016 at 5:03 AM, puperzenkarl <[hidden email]> wrote:
I would like to use the GSP templating engine in a standalone Java application to generate some output. Is this possible?

Before you ask why: I need to implement a validation rule engine and I want to accomplish this goal by using the JVM scripting API. A domain language build on top of groovy and executed via ScriptEngine, voila!
I also need to generate output with a templating engine. Because of Groovy in the validation rule engine, GSP looks like a good idea. But it should be implemented in some kind of backend (e.g. simple Java application).

Raviteja Lokineni | Business Intelligence Developer
TD Ameritrade