Getting grails to work

Michael Henderson
Hi,
    I have checked out the grails code base from cvs and followed the
Quick Start to create my own application. I notice that:

1. The controller link on the main page links to /nyapp/
myDomainObjectController, but it should be /myapp/myDomainObject
2. I create a list.gsp and redirect the index closure in my
controller class to it but the application looks only for list.jsp

Are there any hints/tricks to getting this started? I'd like to peek
around a little more at the guts of grails.

Mike

Re: Getting grails to work

Steven Devijver
Hey Mike,

On 3/28/06, Michael Henderson <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi,
>     I have checked out the grails code base from cvs and followed the
> Quick Start to create my own application. I notice that:
>
> 1. The controller link on the main page links to /nyapp/
> myDomainObjectController, but it should be /myapp/myDomainObject

This is a bug that hopefully gets fixed tonight.

> 2. I create a list.gsp and redirect the index closure in my
> controller class to it but the application looks only for list.jsp

Can you send the code of your controller? Where did you place the list.gsp file?

> Are there any hints/tricks to getting this started? I'd like to peek
> around a little more at the guts of grails.
>
> Mike

Steven

Re: Getting grails to work

On 3/28/06, Michael Henderson <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi,
>     I have checked out the grails code base from cvs and followed the
> Quick Start to create my own application. I notice that:
>
> 1. The controller link on the main page links to /nyapp/
> myDomainObjectController, but it should be /myapp/myDomainObject
> 2. I create a list.gsp and redirect the index closure in my
> controller class to it but the application looks only for list.jsp
You will need to restart the server, at the moment grails is caching
the names of the views to redirect to for performance reasons (its
cached index.jsp). In future I will change it so it doesn't do this in
development mode.

Normally this kind of thing wouldnt need a restart its only when you
rename a file