Grails 2.0 Delayed Until November

Graeme Rocher
Administrator
Hi all,

We have had to make a difficult decision to delay the release of
Grails 2.0 until the end of November. We were on track for a release
before SpringOne in mid October, but Spring 3.1 has been delayed and
we feel it is better that Grails 2.0 ship with Spring 3.1 rather than
downgrade to Spring 3.0

The next release will Grails 2.0 RC1 which will be released directly
after Spring 3.1 RC1 in early October

For those anticipating the release thanks for your patience, and for
those testing the release thanks for your contribution!

http://www.springsource.com

Re: Grails 2.0 Delayed Until November

virtualeyes
That's pretty unfortunate news, working on a 2.0 app that needs to be live November 1st.

Oh well, maintain legacy app another year, or roll the dice and go live with an RC and see what blows up -- not going to strip out all the 2.0 goodies at this point...

Re: Grails 2.0 Delayed Until November

Scott6666
More time to smash bugs.  I'm OK with that.

On Sep 26, 2011, at 8:18 AM, Graeme Rocher wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> We have had to make a difficult decision to delay the release of
> Grails 2.0 until the end of November. We were on track for a release
> before SpringOne in mid October, but Spring 3.1 has been delayed and
> we feel it is better that Grails 2.0 ship with Spring 3.1 rather than
> downgrade to Spring 3.0
>
> The next release will Grails 2.0 RC1 which will be released directly
> after Spring 3.1 RC1 in early October
>
> For those anticipating the release thanks for your patience, and for
> those testing the release thanks for your contribution!
>
> Cheers
>
> --
> Graeme Rocher
> Grails Project Lead