Grails 2.3 GrailsDomainBinder.getMapping() no longer static

Grails 2.3 GrailsDomainBinder.getMapping() no longer static

ggascoigne
I noticed this trying to upgrade my app to 2.3.  I use the searchable plugin and generally find it works well enough for what I want however it calls GrailsDomainBinder.getMapping() and now breaks since the method is no longer static.

The latest docs still have it marked as static

I assume I can just replace the static with call to new GrailsDomainBinder().getMapping(), but it's frustrating to fork the plugin just for this especially since I was hoping to move away from it at some point.

Is there a reason why it can't be static again?

Guy

SpringSource

Re: Grails 2.3 GrailsDomainBinder.getMapping() no longer static

sergiomichels
@Graeme

With this refactor, is there another way to get the mapping?

--
Sérgio Michels

On Wed, Sep 11, 2013 at 5:01 AM, Graeme Rocher <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

SpringSource

SpringSource

Re: Grails 2.3 GrailsDomainBinder.getMapping() no longer static

mraible
Are you saying that the searchable plugin needs to be updated in order to work with Grails 2.3? If so, is someone working on this.

I'm facing this same issue in my Grails app that I'm trying to upgrade for the Grails vs. Play Smackdown at JavaOne.

Thanks,

Matt

Graeme Rocher-2 wrote
Yes.. create an instance of GrailsDomainBinder

On Wed, Sep 11, 2013 at 4:02 AM, Sergio Michels <[hidden email]>wrote:

> @Graeme
>
> With this refactor, is there another way to get the mapping?
>
> --
> Sérgio Michels
>

> On Wed, Sep 11, 2013 at 5:01 AM, Graeme Rocher <[hidden email]>wrote:
>
>> In order to support both Hibernate 3 and 4 some refactorings were
>> necessary. This was one of them. Unfortunately you cannot override static
>> methods in Java and we needed that ability to apply some shared code
>> between Hibernate 3 and 4
>>

>> On Tue, Sep 10, 2013 at 7:40 PM, Guy Gascoigne-Piggford <[hidden email]
>> > wrote:
>>
>>> I noticed this trying to upgrade my app to 2.3.  I use the searchable
>>> plugin and generally find it works well enough for what I want however it
>>> calls GrailsDomainBinder.getMapping() and now breaks since the method is no
>>> longer static.
>>>
>>> The latest docs still have it marked as static
>>>

>>> http://grails.org/doc/latest/api/org/codehaus/groovy/grails/orm/hibernate/cfg/GrailsDomainBinder.html#getMapping(org.codehaus.groovy.grails.commons.GrailsDomainClass)
>>>
>>> I assume I can just replace the static with call to
>>> new GrailsDomainBinder().getMapping(), but it's frustrating to fork the
>>> plugin just for this especially since I was hoping to move away from it at
>>> some point.
>>>
>>> Is there a reason why it can't be static again?
>>>

>>> Guy
>>>

>> --
>> Graeme Rocher
>> Grails Project Lead
>> SpringSource

SpringSource

Re: Grails 2.3 GrailsDomainBinder.getMapping() no longer static

Tom Bray
The fix has been made in source: https://github.com/gpc/grails-searchable/commit/5172f4a0ceeefb58c56cdc9ebe4cd4a6edc486a4

However, the version in the grails repo doesn't have this fix. I downloaded the source and built it locally to workaround it. Hopefully a version bump in the grails plugin repo is forthcoming?

-Tom

On Sep 11, 2013, at 11:09 AM, mraible <[hidden email]>
 wrote:

Are you saying that the searchable plugin needs to be updated in order to
work with Grails 2.3? If so, is someone working on this.

I'm facing this same issue in my Grails app that I'm trying to upgrade for
the Grails vs. Play Smackdown at JavaOne.

Thanks,

Matt

Graeme Rocher-2 wrote
Yes.. create an instance of GrailsDomainBinder

On Wed, Sep 11, 2013 at 4:02 AM, Sergio Michels &lt;

sergiomichelss@

&gt;wrote:

@Graeme

With this refactor, is there another way to get the mapping?

--
Sérgio Michels

On Wed, Sep 11, 2013 at 5:01 AM, Graeme Rocher &lt;

graeme.rocher@

&gt;wrote:

In order to support both Hibernate 3 and 4 some refactorings were
necessary. This was one of them. Unfortunately you cannot override
static
methods in Java and we needed that ability to apply some shared code
between Hibernate 3 and 4

On Tue, Sep 10, 2013 at 7:40 PM, Guy Gascoigne-Piggford &lt;

guy@

SpringSource

Re: Grails 2.3 GrailsDomainBinder.getMapping() no longer static

mraible
Any update on a new release of the searchable plugin? It not, I'm assuming I can download and build/install it locally for a workaround. However, that won't work when I deploy it to Heroku will it?

Thanks,

Matt

Tom Bray wrote
The fix has been made in source: https://github.com/gpc/grails-searchable/commit/5172f4a0ceeefb58c56cdc9ebe4cd4a6edc486a4

However, the version in the grails repo doesn't have this fix. I downloaded the source and built it locally to workaround it. Hopefully a version bump in the grails plugin repo is forthcoming?

-Tom

On Sep 11, 2013, at 11:09 AM, mraible <[hidden email]<mailto:[hidden email]>>
 wrote:

Are you saying that the searchable plugin needs to be updated in order to
work with Grails 2.3? If so, is someone working on this.

I'm facing this same issue in my Grails app that I'm trying to upgrade for
the Grails vs. Play Smackdown at JavaOne.

Thanks,

Matt

Graeme Rocher-2 wrote
Yes.. create an instance of GrailsDomainBinder

On Wed, Sep 11, 2013 at 4:02 AM, Sergio Michels <

sergiomichelss@

>wrote:

@Graeme

With this refactor, is there another way to get the mapping?

--
Sérgio Michels

On Wed, Sep 11, 2013 at 5:01 AM, Graeme Rocher <

graeme.rocher@

>wrote:

In order to support both Hibernate 3 and 4 some refactorings were
necessary. This was one of them. Unfortunately you cannot override
static
methods in Java and we needed that ability to apply some shared code
between Hibernate 3 and 4

On Tue, Sep 10, 2013 at 7:40 PM, Guy Gascoigne-Piggford <

guy@

>> > wrote:

I noticed this trying to upgrade my app to 2.3.  I use the searchable
plugin and generally find it works well enough for what I want however
it
calls GrailsDomainBinder.getMapping() and now breaks since the method
is no
longer static.

The latest docs still have it marked as static

http://grails.org/doc/latest/api/org/codehaus/groovy/grails/orm/hibernate/cfg/GrailsDomainBinder.html#getMapping(org.codehaus.groovy.grails.commons.GrailsDomainClass)

I assume I can just replace the static with call to
new GrailsDomainBinder().getMapping(), but it's frustrating to fork the
plugin just for this especially since I was hoping to move away from it
at
some point.

Is there a reason why it can't be static again?

Guy

SpringSource

SpringSource

Re: Grails 2.3 GrailsDomainBinder.getMapping() no longer static

Graeme Rocher-2
Hi Matt,

Could you try the just published '0.6.5-SNAPSHOT' version, if that works for you I will release a stable version.

Thanks

SpringSource

Re: Grails 2.3 GrailsDomainBinder.getMapping() no longer static

mraible
Yes, after upgrading to 0.6.5-SNAPSHOT, I'm able to compile and run the app.

Thanks!

Matt

Graeme Rocher-2 wrote

SpringSource

Re: Grails 2.3 GrailsDomainBinder.getMapping() no longer static

mraible
Did the Compass dependencies get updated in the 0.6.5-SNAPSHOT?

Today, I started getting the following error and things no longer work.

| Error Resolve error obtaining dependencies: Could not find artifact org.compass-project:compass:jar:2.2.1 in grailsCentral (http://repo.grails.org/grails/plugins) (Use --stacktrace to see the full trace)

Looking at Central, this version doesn't appear to be published:

http://search.maven.org/#search%7Cga%7C1%7Ccompass-project

Re: Grails 2.3 GrailsDomainBinder.getMapping() no longer static

Graeme Rocher-2
Add the following repo to your BuildConfig:

SpringSource

Re: Grails 2.3 GrailsDomainBinder.getMapping() no longer static

Graeme Rocher-2
Also did you notice Lari's fix for the functional tests in phantomjs?:

Cheers