Grails 3 Best IDE

Luca Farsetti
Hello All

It's been a quite long time since the last time i use grails (almost a year) and now that grails 3 is out and pivotal stop supporting it, i'm not sure what's the best IDE for grails develop.
I configured ggts 3.6.4, but it's quite useless if it doesn't recognize the grails project structure. I have no experience with intellij idea and grails or with netbeans so my question is: what's the best ide at the moment for grails?
Thanks in advice

Luca

Re: Grails 3 Best IDE

Chris Rosburg
Moin Luca,

the best solution is IntelliJ for me. It provides great tooling and support for grails and gradle. They play very nice together - you should give it a try!

Cheers,
Chris

Sent while mobile.

Am 06.07.2015 um 16:58 schrieb Luca Farsetti <[hidden email]>:

Hello All

It's been a quite long time since the last time i use grails (almost a year) and now that grails 3 is out and pivotal stop supporting it, i'm not sure what's the best IDE for grails develop.
I configured ggts 3.6.4, but it's quite useless if it doesn't recognize the grails project structure. I have no experience with intellij idea and grails or with netbeans so my question is: what's the best ide at the moment for grails?
Thanks in advice

Luca

Re: Grails 3 Best IDE

Luca Farsetti
Hello Chris, thanks for answer!
I suppose that you use intellij idea ultimate edition for grails, that's right?

[...]

Jiang yu
I feel like working with ggts and grails 3.0.2

在 2015年7月6日星期一 UTC+8下午10:58:00,Luca Farsetti写道:
Hello All

It's been a quite long time since the last time i use grails (almost a year) and now that grails 3 is out and pivotal stop supporting it, i'm not sure what's the best IDE for grails develop.
I configured ggts 3.6.4, but it's quite useless if it doesn't recognize the grails project structure. I have no experience with intellij idea and grails or with netbeans so my question is: what's the best ide at the moment for grails?
Thanks in advice

Luca

Re: Grails 3 Best IDE

vahid

Please add full grails support to your community edition

https://plugins.jetbrains.com/wishlist/show?pr=&wid=357  needs a lot more stars here..

Also:

http://therealdanvega.com/blog/2015/04/17/vote-for-grails-3-support-in-intellij --> Shows you what to look for,

Sign up and log in then upvote here: https://youtrack.jetbrains.com/issue/IDEA-13697

On Monday, July 6, 2015 at 4:30:54 PM UTC+1, Luca Farsetti wrote:
Hello Chris, thanks for answer!
I suppose that you use intellij idea ultimate edition for grails, that's right?

2015-07-06 17:17 GMT+02:00 Chris Rosburg <<a href="javascript:" target="_blank" gdf-obfuscated-mailto="GukXDY55r5YJ" rel="nofollow" onmousedown="this.href='javascript:';return true;" onclick="this.href='javascript:';return true;">chris....@...>:
Moin Luca,

the best solution is IntelliJ for me. It provides great tooling and support for grails and gradle. They play very nice together - you should give it a try!

Cheers,
Chris

Sent while mobile.

Am 06.07.2015 um 16:58 schrieb Luca Farsetti <<a href="javascript:" target="_blank" gdf-obfuscated-mailto="GukXDY55r5YJ" rel="nofollow" onmousedown="this.href='javascript:';return true;" onclick="this.href='javascript:';return true;">suc...@...>:

Hello All

It's been a quite long time since the last time i use grails (almost a year) and now that grails 3 is out and pivotal stop supporting it, i'm not sure what's the best IDE for grails develop.
I configured ggts 3.6.4, but it's quite useless if it doesn't recognize the grails project structure. I have no experience with intellij idea and grails or with netbeans so my question is: what's the best ide at the moment for grails?
Thanks in advice

Luca

Re: Grails 3 Best IDE

Chris Rosburg
@Luca:
You're right, I'm using the ultimate edition. Never tried that community stuff.
I assume the tooling is not as good as in the ultimate version.

Sent while mobile.

Am 06.07.2015 um 17:30 schrieb Luca Farsetti <[hidden email]>:

[...]

sbglasius
@Vahid I think the point in having Grails support in the Ultimate edition is having something for JetBrains to sell. The community edition does not produce much revenue in it self, but helps the community.

Best regards / Med venlig hilsen,
Søren Berg Glasius

40 Stevenson Ave, Berkeley, CA 94708
Mobile: (+1)510 984 8362, Skype: sbglasius

On 6 July 2015 at 09:56, Vahid Hedayati <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Jeff Brown

> On Jul 6, 2015, at 1:20 PM, Søren Berg Glasius <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> @Vahid I think the point in having Grails support in the Ultimate edition is having something for JetBrains to sell. The community edition does not produce much revenue in it self, but helps the community.

Just an FYI…

I use the Community Edition all the time even though I have access to the UE.  For Grails 3 that works very well.  There are things that can be added to UE that will be helpful but even without any of that I am very productive building Grails 3 apps.  As far as the IDE is concerned, it is just a Java/Groovy app that is built with Gradle.  The IDE doesn’t need to have any specific Grails smarts built into it in order to configure all of the source directories, be able to run the app, run tests, debug, attach a remote debugger, etc.  It is quite nice to work with.

JSB

Jeff Scott Brown
Principal Software Engineer
Grails Development Team
Object Computing Inc.
http://www.ociweb.com/

Autism Strikes 1 in 166
Find The Cause ~ Find The Cure
http://www.autismspeaks.org/

Re: Grails 3 Best IDE

Daniel.Sun
Hi Jeff,

     When I debug Grails3 apps in the IDEA, which are launched by Application.groovy, the changes of source code can not take effect automatically, Could you tell me how to config IDEA or Grails3?

Cheers,
Daniel.Sun