Grails 3.x Event Trait

nialloc
Hi,
I've been investigating using the Grails event model for a development project. I'm trying to chain multiple events together and found the guide on https://projectreactor.io/old/reference/#bus-request-reply pretty useful. They use the sendAndReceive() call to fire the event which is available from the Event trait but the handler is registered using simply the receive() which is not. Since only Consumer's can be registered with on() I need to directly access the eventBus.receive() method. While this is an acceptable work around I'm curious why receive() and send() were omitted from the Event trait?

Another question I have is it possible (or acceptable) to issue notify() requests from a Consumer defined as a class?

Thanks
Niall