Grails Controller Inheritence Causes Integration Test Failure

Grails Controller Inheritence Causes Integration Test Failure

austin_ferns1980@yahoo.com
This post was updated on .
I have a base controller which all my controllers extend. When i run my existing test cases they fail.
Example:
BaseController {

}

ExtendedController extends BaseController{

  def action1() {
      def id = params.id;

The assignment def id = params.id; throws java.lang.ClassCastException: java.util.LinkedHashMap cannot be cast to groovy.lang.GroovyObject. Please note for now the BaseController is empty.

Not sure what is the issue or what can be done to solve this.