Grails Debian package

Sergey Nebolsin
Hi!

I think that 0.5 version is stable enough and is a good starting point to maintain Grails package for Debian linux (and, maybe, Groovy package in the future since groovy package in debian have version 0.1.0-beta and haven't a maintainer). Any suggestions/ideas/comments on this? Or maybe someone is already doing something similar?

Sergey Nebolsin

Re: Grails Debian package

Steven Devijver
Hey Sergey,

Great suggestion. I would be nice if the Grails package automatically
installs java5 in the same go ;-)

Thanks

Steven

On 5/4/07, Sergey Nebolsin <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I think that 0.5 version is stable enough and is a good starting point to
> maintain Grails package for Debian linux (and, maybe, Groovy package in the
> future since groovy package in debian have version 0.1.0-beta and haven't a
> maintainer). Any suggestions/ideas/comments on this? Or maybe someone is
> already doing something similar?
>
> Cheers
>
> --
> Sergey Nebolsin

Re: Grails Debian package

Sergey Nebolsin

2007/5/4, Steven Devijver <[hidden email]>:
Hey Sergey,

Great suggestion. I would be nice if the Grails package automatically
installs java5 in the same go ;-)

Yes, it'll depend on virtual java package and on some libraries since Debian policy is "not include something which is a common part of several packages in package distributions but distribute it as standalone package and depend on it".

Steven

On 5/4/07, Sergey Nebolsin <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I think that 0.5 version is stable enough and is a good starting point to
> maintain Grails package for Debian linux (and, maybe, Groovy package in the
> future since groovy package in debian have version 0.1.0-beta and haven't a
> maintainer). Any suggestions/ideas/comments on this? Or maybe someone is
> already doing something similar?
>
> Cheers
>
> --
> Sergey Nebolsin