Grails Form Builder Plugin

12

Re: Grails Form Builder Plugin

Lim Chee Kin
Hi there,

The post was getting too lengthy, I did some clean up and please see my response below.

Regards,
Chee Kin

I did try the demo. The form builder I have in mind would have its initial properties auto-generated by related domain(s), so no need to type again what you already typed to create the domain class itself.  Scaffolding works like this.
I see. Your idea is for existing domain class, my idea is a bit different, the form builder plugin will generate the domain class, it is from front-end to back-end, not reverse.

This feature is coming soon. Please see the roadmap at
http://code.google.com/p/jquery-form-builder-plugin/wiki/Roadmap.

It should not be a roadmap task, but just implemented.  Why not a select list containing all possible formfield types (text,radio,select,textarea, etc.)? The whole design a form concept does not really draw me, unless the implementation is not created by me ;--).  I'm after nuts & bolts, a form is a set of fields broken out into rows/cells, as is any report (jqGrid could be used for both for example).

I suggest you write up the detail, otherwise I am sure not many people can read the idea in your mind.
Once I get a something demo-able together I will post it here.  Unfortunately, still stuck with PHP for paying Hawaiian rent (pricey!), so am getting Grails app together on the side.
Working on demo will need more time than screen mock-up and write up. I will suggest your do some writing to share your idea if you are busy now (who's not?)

Thanks for sharing.

> Enough rambling ;--)

> here<

Quoted from:
http://grails.1312388.n4.nabble.com/Grails-Form-Builder-Plugin-tp2818208p3241474.html

http://grails.1312388.n4.nabble.com/Grails-Form-Builder-Plugin-tp2818208p3243692.html
To unsubscribe from Grails Form Builder Plugin, click here.

Re: Grails Form Builder Plugin

Lim Chee Kin
Hi there,

I would like to announce the JQuery and Grails Form Builder Plugin 0.1 Coordinated Released.

Please see the full release notes at http://limcheekin.blogspot.com/2011/02/jquery-and-grails-form-builder-plugin.html.

Best regards,
Chee Kin

Re: Grails Form Builder Plugin

Daniel Henrique Alves Lima
        Chee Kin, the plugin seems very cool. I was trying the demo app:

http://jquery-form-builder-plugin.appspot.com/

        But when i try to drag-and-drop the second field, only the first field
remains. Is this the expected behavior?

        Thanks.

        Best regards,

                Daniel.

Lim Chee Kin wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> I would like to announce the JQuery and Grails Form Builder Plugin 0.1
> Coordinated Released.
>
> Please see the full release notes at
> http://limcheekin.blogspot.com/2011/02/jquery-and-grails-form-builder-plugin.html.
>
> Best regards,
> Chee Kin

Re: Grails Form Builder Plugin

Lim Chee Kin
Hi Daniel,

Thanks for testing it out. Are you using IE?

Try to drag and drop the second field just after the first field, at the moment the drop area is first half of the panel on the right (tested in firefox and google chrome only, no IE in my linux machine). If you drop the new field to bottom of the panel, it will not work at the moment.

Best regards,
Chee Kin

http://grails.1312388.n4.nabble.com/Grails-Form-Builder-Plugin-tp2818208p3318901.html